Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2016, 09:10 AM   #1

Leveling jacks problem

This is my first post, so I'm not quite sure if this is the right forum for this question.

I just purchased a 2006 Fleetwood Discovery with Power Gear automatic leveling system. On a recent trip after retracting the jacks the jacks down light remained on. The jacks are up but the light remains on and now the jacks won't operate. The fluid level is at the top, I have checked wiring and have done other trouble shooting but the problem persists. Any insight would be helpful.
DanRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2016, 10:10 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Assuming these are hydraulic jacks. With the jacks up check the fluid level. You are most likely a little low. There is a float switch in the tank that checks the level and says jacks down if not enough fluid returned to the tank. Be careful not to over fill as then the jacks will not retract fully.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 11:54 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I know you said the fluid is full and you're wondering why the first response told you to check the fluid. The answer is there is a very tight margin between full and not full. For example, if my coach is leaning just a little toward the reservoir hole, it will check full but it really is not. So, get on level ground to check.
blang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:20 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Can't say for sure about your coach but on my last coach the float switch was adjustable. If I remember right there was a screw on the side of the reservoir that allowed you to move the switch up or down. My jacks down light would come on and off as I went up and down hills.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:45 PM   #5

On my first diesel pusher, a '97 Fleetwood Discovery, the float switch was also extremely sensitive.

Finally unhooked the wire going to the switch and would always verify visually that the jacks were up and never worried about it again.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
mmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, leveling, leveling jacks