Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2015, 09:16 PM   #29

are you dumping the air out of your suspension before you level? Thats what I do.... usually helps with unleveled ground.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2015, 07:57 AM   #30

the system does this automatically i think.

Itasca Meridian 36M, 2013. Jeep Wrangler X, 2009
Full Timer from Norfolk VA
Old 05-26-2015, 08:58 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nxkharra View Post
Two tracks and two motors on each side. Top and bottom.
Actually, I believe there is two tracks per side but only one motor each side with a long shaft driving the gears for each track. We also have the 2013 36M and have replaced the Lippert tracks, motor and controller at one year old. I'm told that having the sidewall opening perfectly match the slide box has been one of the problems. We know that awful popping sound, too. That said, our slide has worked flawlessly (knocking on wood right now) ever since which is probably around 40 or 50 cycles.
Recalibrating the auto leveler is a simple procedure. HOWEVER, the operator manual instructions for doing this was INCORRECT. I called Lippert and the tech gave me the CORRECT keypad sequence for calibrating and so I now noted the proper sequence in my manual.
I appreciate the simplicity of the Lippert slides however I remain skeptical about accurate installation from the factory. And, I have found Lippert support to be very good, too.

cheers,
Joopy
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:45 AM   #32

Jupitr, thanks for your note. You probably are correct as you have first hand experience. I thought the service advisor mentioned both tracks (top right and left) and motor needs replacing so I assumed two motors on each side. What you said makes perfect sense.
Did they put the whole thing back together so you can't tell the work was done (the rubber sealing and the pannel)? Is it easy to insert the new motor as I see very little space there?
How much was the total cost?
How are your other slides working? Any issues?

Old 05-26-2015, 09:46 AM   #33

Jupiter, in addition to above what is the Controller...Winnebago did not mention that. I am asking the dealer pre order all. Should I ask for controller also? How expensive was that?

Old 05-26-2015, 10:03 AM   #34

The new tracks, motor, controller were installed by our local dealer and the cost was covered by Winnebago warranty which was nearly expired at 12 months. So I cannot speak of the cost. I can say that the only difference in appearance with the new install is that the new tracks were silver rather the black. The controller is located in the basement on the passenger side in the main storage bay. Look in the ceiling space just inside the door and you should see an access opening to the controller.
I can't advise as to whether you should ask for a controller. In our case the dealer (or Winnebago?) replaced ours as a "system" but I can't say why they chose to do that. Perhaps it was a "new and improved" generation?

Our other slides have worked well with no issues to date.

Wish you best of luck with your repair process.

cheers,
Joopy

PS - I generally use the bathroom door as my gauge for level. If the door stays in place (neither swinging closed or open) then I figure we're good-to-go! Being on one site for a long time can sometimes be cause to drift out of level due to the levelers or pads sinking slightly.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:41 AM   #35

Jupiter, thanks for great info.
The reason I asked for other slides is that the drive side slide also make some noises sometimes but no issues so far. That seems to have a different mechanism any way...

Old 05-27-2015, 12:10 AM   #36

Jupiter, did you have to empty the drawers and overhead cabinets on the passenger side (big slide side) for them to perform the track and motor replacement?

Old 07-30-2015, 08:37 AM   #37

I always leveled any RV with slides and or absorption refrigerator. It is very hard on the slide out system to attempt to move the slide without the coach level. With our class C frequently the front tires would be off the ground. With a spring suspension that is ok. With our DP and air suspension I dump the air and then level the unit. It isn't a great idea to "hang" the axles on a DP because the air bags can come unseated. The Lippert automatic leveling system works ok provided that it is calibrated correctly. I use a long carpenter level on the floor to calibrate the system.
msturtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 08:25 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530ktm View Post
As mentioned, if bad enough conditions he will drive the tires onto the blocks. I will do this same thing and sometimes put blocks under the jacks as well so they do not have to extend too far, keeps them more substantial in my opinion. You should always have the slides in when leveling the coach so it is best to do all of this before deploying your slides.
X2 got to agree not to extend the slides until its level.
Old 08-16-2015, 03:16 PM   #39

Update...we finally had the slide fixed. They changed the tracks and motors on both sides. The new tracks appear to be stronger looking made by Schinteck (silver color vs brown). Cost around $2600 (paid by extended warranty minus the $100 deductable). I was kind of concern about the installation as it does not appear to be much space in the slides to work. But was surprizes. Looks OK.
Will be careful not to extend the slides before I am sure the coach is level.

Tags
leveling