Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2014, 12:47 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Leveling monitor with flashing led

Hi all! I'm a newbie to RVing. This morning when I retracted the jacks, the right and back jack light were flashing. The display read jacks up and the red jacks down light came off. Can anyone tell me why these two lights would be flashing? Does it mean the jacks aren't fully retracted? If so, why would the monitor read jacks up? Thanks for your help!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2014, 12:59 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgs18 View Post
Hi all! I'm a newbie to RVing. This morning when I retracted the jacks, the right and back jack light were flashing. The display read jacks up and the red jacks down light came off. Can anyone tell me why these two lights would be flashing? Does it mean the jacks aren't fully retracted? If so, why would the monitor read jacks up? Thanks for your help!!
It sounds like monitoring problems. First thing to do is turn everything off and then push store button again. If that does not work after a few minutes push the store button then get something you can use for leverage and put it under each jack and try to pry it up farther. Remember the jacks time out after a while and shut off power to the solenoid so you need to push the button just before trying to push it up.

Old 10-12-2014, 01:00 PM   #3

What brand, model, electric/hydraulic jacks are you asking about?

Are the jacks in question visibly extended more than those whose lights are normal?
Old 10-12-2014, 01:02 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Now it's only flashing for the left jack which originally wasn't flashing at all! I'm gonna try leveling and retracting to see if this will fix it.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:09 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Lippert on my 2014 Winny Forza 34t
Old 10-12-2014, 01:10 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
They look equally retracted but I haven't gotten down and dirty yet and inspected them closely
Old 10-12-2014, 01:33 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Well it allowed me to autolevel and retract and now there are no blinking lights. I'm not sure what the problem was but its no longer there.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:35 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to JMacy
Check fluid in jack system

Ph.D. Psychology, Applied Sports Psychology
Old 10-12-2014, 01:36 PM   #9

On mine the led left on means that's the low spot. (extending that jack will level the Rv)
Old 10-12-2014, 10:50 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgs18 View Post
On my Kwikee (PowerGear) auto-level system, there are four lights showing the corners of the MH. The high side or corner will either glow or flash depending on how close they are to level. Once it has leveled, all four are solid.
'12 Jeep Wrangler Sport and/or '08 Honda Goldwing
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:11 AM   #11

On the Lippert system the amber lights are on when that side or end of the coach is low. If you aren't perfectly level the light or lights will come on when the system is powered up. This is perfectly normal.

The digital readout will display the message that all jacks are retracted when they are all in the stored position. In addition you should have a red light somewhere near the touch pad that comes on when any of the jacks are extended. If the digital display reads all jacks retracted and the red light is off you're good to go. The amber lights on the touch pad are only displaying which end or side are low.

Once the jacks are retracted, the message is displayed, and the red light is off just power down the system by pushing the on/off button in the upper right hand corner of the touch pad.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:49 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks everyone for the replies!
Old 10-13-2014, 09:45 PM   #13

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Exactly what Hikerdogs said. You are good to go.

HerbZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:04 PM   #14

X2 with Hikerdog!

Jimmy

jcullipher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling