Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #1
Leveling question

I have HWH levelers on my Winnie. Do i level front to rear first or side to side? Also, what do the light colors mean? I have seen red lights and amber lights. Is this telling me when I am level? Thanks.

Pjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2013, 07:22 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to irv2.
Here is info on your MFG's systems for HWH select the correct one for your year coach. You will have instructions for your system.
If you have four jacks I find that its easier to level each side rail starting with the side that has the yellow light.
You press the arrow that's straight up and as you do both red lights for that side will come on, front and rear jacks.
When the yellow light goes off than press the up arrow for opposite side until the yellow light goes off.
If you parked the coach on a fairly level pad, than you are level when yellow light goes off.
If by chance the yellow light moves to rear or forward press the up arrow button until light goes off.
All red lights will be on when you have leveled the coach and the yellow maybe off.
A front or rear adjustment may require for the yellow light to be on because you would lift coach to high on jacks to be safe.
When your parking coach turn on the system on button and you will see yellow light come on position the coach for the most level location on pad and you may get yellow light to go off, if thats the case than all you will have to do is put jacks down to stable the coach to ground pad so it does not move when your walking in it.
Never lift the coach chassis so rear tires are lifted of ground because you may cause the jacks to bend on chassis frame.

98KSCA, 99MACA, 03 KSCA-3740- 8.1 Chev-- ALLISON Trans, now in good hands
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
[QUOTE=Pjoe;1679139]I have HWH levelers on my Winnie. Do i level front to rear first or side to side? Also, what do the light colors mean? I have seen red lights and amber lights. Is this telling me when I am level? Thanks.

I can tell you how my automatic HWH levelers work on my Tiffin. They level one side first then they level front to rear.

On my system amber lights mean that area is low I.E right rear or left front or right front or left rear. The red lights mean that jack is not fully retracted. When the automatic system levels once the coach is level (all amber lights out) it runs the other jacks out until they just touch the ground for stability.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
Since you own a Brave you most likely have the HWH 310 system. Here's a link to the owners manuals.
Operator Manuals

Just pick the proper year and go to section section 2. There's a description of how to properly level the coach.
2013 Adventurer 32H
Hikerdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:13 AM   #5
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The rule is Side to Side the Front to Back.
Retired Navy Submariner
2014 Itasca Sunstar 35F; 5 Star tuned; 2014 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
SuperGewl is online now   Reply With Quote