Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2016, 07:29 PM   #1

Levelling Jack Operation

I posted this in he Monarch forum but thought I would post here also.
Has anyone tried recallibrating their power gear levelling jacks? I seem to always have to run them manually after I have run them on automatic. Front end always ends up lower and have to raise it on manual operation, even after the system says it is level. Do most people do it automatic or manual? I have a 2005 Monaco Monarch.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2016, 07:32 PM   #2

I have a 2016, does the same thing only low on the right side even though it indicates level. Watching thread to so if they can be calibrated

Old 07-28-2016, 07:36 PM   #3

Don't own the same coach as you but my Lippert system allows you to reset the zero point. Maybe an email or phone call the the manufacturer will get you the info you need to do it.
HarleyOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankAN View Post
I posted this in he Monarch forum but thought I would post here also.
Has anyone tried recallibrating their power gear levelling jacks? I seem to always have to run them manually after I have run them on automatic. Front end always ends up lower and have to raise it on manual operation, even after the system says it is level. Do most people do it automatic or manual? I have a 2005 Monaco Monarch.
What's your levelling system brand ?
Old 07-28-2016, 08:41 PM   #5

Yes,
We need to know the Jack maker. On our coach, an '04 Itasca Horizon, 36GD with the CAT C-7 330HP, it's equipped with the HWH Computer Controlled Automatic Leveling System, you can adjust the leveling point at which the system is satisfied it's level. It's a very simple adjustment with only two, very simple tools.

All you do is, level the coach, by placing a level in/on the fridge freezer plate. Then, in the HWH system, you'll see that there are LED indicators that are still lit up. The goal is to adjust the system so that ALL the LEDs are OUT. Once that's done, that is the new satisfaction point at which the HWH system will shut down due to it's now level. But, if your system is not an HWH, you may have some form of the same adjustment. Let us know what system you have.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 07:39 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
You do need to calibrate, or zero the leveling system. I'm sure
the factory did not do it. I got two 4' levels to do mine
front to back and side to side. I still do it manually, since I
can not understand why all four jacks should be down.
Level front to back first, and then side to side. Depending
on the ground, you may have to re-level from time to time.
Old 07-30-2016, 05:27 AM   #7

It's a Power Gear system. I was able to get a step by step instruction. Looks fairly simple. I still thing running them on manual mode may be better.
Old 08-01-2016, 12:25 PM   #8
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Auto Leveling

Our Auto level system will level within a 1/2 degree. That adds up to roughly 7/16" for every 4 feet of coach you're leveling. So a 40 foot motor home should be within 4 1/2" of being level. If you need to make minor adjustments from there, you can simply use the touch pad for fine tuning!

EQSystems is offline   Reply With Quote