Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-25-2016, 09:04 PM   #1
Levelling jack won't extend

Hi, I have a new to me 2001 32.5' Holiday Rambler Ambassador. It has 1 levelling jack in the front and 2 in the back. The front and back right extend properly but the back left will not extend at all. The hydraulic pump has sounds as though its pressured up when I try to extend it. I'm guessing that the solenoid isn't opening to allow the pump to pressure that jack. I've used a test light and discovered that there is no power on the black wire that controls the solenoid. I went back to the control switches and had power there, traced it down to a circuit board directly below the switches. There's about 12 wires entering the board and then the 6 that run down to the pump leave it. The black wire that comes from that particular switch has power going in. The black wire leaving the board that leads to the solenoid at the pump has no power. The wires are all soldered into this circuit board but there is a connector on the in and the out wires so I'm guessing this board could be replaced if I knew what it was called and where to look. Is it safe to assume that the circuit board is fried? Where do I even begin to look for a part like that? I'm a Newbie with RVing. Thanks in advance for any help

Cschira is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2016, 06:50 PM   #2
I'd call the manufacturer. I have HWH and they are very easy to work with.

MADP, Jeep, Blue Ox, SMI AFO, Solar: 900w/672a, Amish cooling unit, Lifetime: SKP & Days End
ByeTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 06:57 PM   #3
Would there be power in the black wire without 'instructions' from the controller? I ask because I just had an issue with my right side not going down. I took it apart and using 400 and 1000 grit sandpaper, cleaned the round on the contact board and all contacts. Now they work perfectly. Just some food for fodder.
Lovey & Thurston - Cali Foothills
2001 HR Vacationer (SS Minnow) - Gasser!
Obviously A Lowly and Inferior MH
B Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 11:04 AM   #4
Commercial Member
this would be either a power gear or rva leveling system. download a service manual. this will help with diagnostics. it wouldnt be hwh. the only three jack system hwh made was on safari's
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:58 AM   #5
Got it fixed

I found the part after contacting the manufacturer. Service was good and the part showed up quickly. Everything works just fine now. Thanks for the help.
Cschira is offline   Reply With Quote