Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2016, 09:12 AM   #1

Lippert jacks will not retract "low voltage"

First timer here and new to this lifestyle.
We have a 2016 Winnebago Brave. I extended the jacks to level and decided to move the coach a bit to get more level. I hit the auto retract all jacks and immediately got a low voltage message and the entire system locked out. I am plugged into 30 amp service and my coach and chassis batteries are fully charged. I can't retract manually and I tried to put coach in gear to get the auto retract. Nothing works, it's Saturday and cannot reach any one willing to help. Called my dealer and called Winnebago and like I said it's Saturday.
Is there a breaker or fuse. If so, any idea where. Thank you.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2016, 09:39 AM   #2

Welcome to iRV2.

Sorry you're here with problems.
For this type of issue with an new coach , I'd suspect a loose connection, check that the battery cables are tight; and that the ground cable is properly attached to the frame.
If you still have issues, try a full power down by disconnecting all the batteries for 30 secs. to reset the control box.
Are you checking battery power with a voltmeter?

Old 08-27-2016, 11:00 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Your jacks run on 12 volts. You need to run your engine whenever you are raising or lowering your jacks or operating the slides. Both operate on 12 volts and require the high output of your engine alternator to supply adequate power. Your 12v house converter connected to 30 smps AC cannot put out adequate 12v power. You should also read your manual as there are many things in an RV that are not intuitively obvious. You just found one. Good luck and enjoy your new Coach!
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 12:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
Your jacks run on 12 volts. You need to run your engine whenever you are raising or lowering your jacks or operating the slides. Both operate on 12 volts and require the high output of your engine alternator to supply adequate power. Your 12v house converter connected to 30 smps AC cannot put out adequate 12v power. You should also read your manual as there are many things in an RV that are not intuitively obvious. You just found one. Good luck and enjoy your new Coach!

Additionally, the 12v motor running the pump is very sensitive to low voltage. This is the most common reason for pump failure. You don't want to replace this Chinese electric motor. Make sure you don't try to run the pump with the low voltage light on. Just start your coach motor and all should be good.
Gdawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 12:06 PM   #5

Happened to me a few weeks ago, you tripped a breaker, mine was a 50 amp in the battery bay. just reset, and you're good.....
Old 08-27-2016, 12:10 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Not sure what locked out means. If its not the breaker discussed above, try hitting the retract - enter buttons at the same time to reset the alarm message. I have to do that to mine a lot. Also agree on the low voltage - I always have the engine running or I get that alarm.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:24 PM   #7

When my jack system quit, it reacted about like you describe. The display doesn't 't know the difference between "low voltage" and"no voltage". If you have a voltmeter, check all the big heavy power cables hooked to the pump motor and solenoid. If none of them have power, then you have "no voltage". I had to follow the power cable to a compartment where the 125A fuse was located for the pump.
In my case the compartment is on the outside below the driver and has a panel of push button breakers, all labeled for their use. I had to remove the panel and behind was 3 or 4 high power fuses, no labels, and one was for the jack pump. In my case I hot wired the system, moved a little & reset the jacks, then went to the auto store later and got 2 fuses so I'd have a spare.
Don't know where to tell you to look, you're on your own there.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:40 PM   #8

Lippert low voltage

Thanks for your input. The engine has to be running and emergency brake on in order for jacks to work. We had just driven for 4 hours and batteries were fully charged. Have operated the jacks several times without issue. I cannot locate a circuit breaker for the jack motor. There is a 15 amp fuse right at the motor which was not blown. Also we had lowered the jacks with no problem but retracted moved and extended them again. Still sitting goofing so this time when I tried to retract I got the low voltage message. I will try to do the reset and see what happens. My coach and chassis batteries are both reading 13.1 volts. I have a battery boost button. A tech at the dealership had me start the engine and hold the boost switch down and try the jacks but no luck. Thank again for your help.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:46 PM   #9

I'll take a look. I have a similar panel but I have to admit that sounds a bit scary to this old guy. Thanks
Old 08-27-2016, 02:21 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Dawg View Post
I'll take a look. I have a similar panel but I have to admit that sounds a bit scary to this old guy. Thanks
Ah I think its all love voltage in there. I had to get in there to reset my key fobs.
Old 08-27-2016, 03:14 PM   #11

If you get brave enough to look, this is what you're looking for:
Will try the picture again
Old 08-27-2016, 03:19 PM   #12

Hope there's a picture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	253.0 KB
ID:	137328  
Old 08-27-2016, 07:18 PM   #13

Send a message via Skype™ to rccrafters69
I just went thru same thing. Call Lippert.and have them walk thru troubleshooting with you. Do you have hydraulic slide actuator. If so see if slides work. My issue was finally diagnosed as bad solenoid on pump.
Old 08-28-2016, 07:27 AM   #14

Can you visually see if that fuse is blown? I'm going to check behind that panel. So far I have not found a breaker for the pump. Plan is to call Winnebago on Monday. Your Itasca should be similar to my Winnie Brave.

Tags
jacks, lippert