Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2019, 09:40 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Lippert teach pendant

Well after having to pay twice to fix my full wall slide, it has broken again! The rear motor starts while the other 2 do not. Same thing for the third time. I think it’s time to purchase a teach pendant. Does anyone know where to get one? I’ve looked on eBay and Amazon.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2019, 12:10 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpardee View Post
Well after having to pay twice to fix my full wall slide, it has broken again! The rear motor starts while the other 2 do not. Same thing for the third time. I think it’s time to purchase a teach pendant. Does anyone know where to get one? I’ve looked on eBay and Amazon.

I got mine on eBay for about $450.
justinpirie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 10:26 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Anyone ever opened a teach pendant up? Is it just a box of switches, or is there any integrated circuit smarts inside? At $450 a pop, it's time to reverse engineer that thing, and post the schematics.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:22 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louseman View Post
Anyone ever opened a teach pendant up? Is it just a box of switches, or is there any integrated circuit smarts inside? At $450 a pop, it's time to reverse engineer that thing, and post the schematics.
If I find one I’ll let you know. A shop charged me $550 to sync mine and only used the slide about 10 times before it stopped working again. I figured if I can get one for $450 I’d be ahead of the game
Old 08-06-2019, 08:54 AM   #5

Yeah that’s why I bought mine..,
justinpirie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 08:56 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
So I was talking to Lippert to troubleshoot my slide. He told me to check voltage coming in to the board. should be 12v or more(makes sense). I do get a low voltage light on my dash if I am sitting for a period of time. We were sitting for about 4 weeks when I tried to move slide in. I've read on these forums that low voltage seems to be the norm so I've never given it much thought until now. Lippert told me that anytime the voltage is low the stops need to be reprogrammed.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:44 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
If I find one I’ll let you know. A shop charged me $550 to sync mine and only used the slide about 10 times before it stopped working again. I figured if I can get one for $450 I’d be ahead of the game
I am willing to take a crack at figuring out what goes on in the teach pendant.

Have you seen the manual approach to programming your slide motors? Attached is a PDF published by Power Gear that describes the operation on page 6. It may take three people to monitor, move and set the controller, but appears it can be done. This procedure is what makes me believe that the teach pendant is mostly a simple remote switch box. Maybe some communication protocol also.

Manual_Slide_Control_pg_82_S0379.pdf

Here is the text of the PDF instructions:
This procedure is intended as an emergency instruction list for service center
personnel to use in the field. On site personnel may not have ready access to the
programming box. The procedure is best handled with three people. One operating
the wall switch inside the coach, one operating the reset buttons on the control, and
a third person checking room seals.

1. Align the rails. If one or more rails are not in the correct position you must
align them by unplugging the motor on the rail(s) that is the first to reach the
stop point, then the person inside the coach can move the rest of the rails until
another person under the slide room to advise when the rails are aligned.
Then plug the motor back in. This may take a couple of tries. The object is to
get all rails aligned in a row before setting the stop points on the controller.

2. Reset the IN stop point. The reset buttons on the controller are noted in the
picture above. Press the reset button for the IN position in and hold while
moving the room IN until reaching the correct stop point. When the room is in
the correct IN position, release the reset button. This will set the correct
position for all motors. Note: IN must be set before OUT

3. Reset the OUT stop point. Push in and hold the OUT stop reset button while
another person operates the room switch to move the room until it is in the
correct out position. Once the room is in the correct OUT position, release the
OUT reset button. This completes the slide control calibration / programming.

4. Failure to completely hold the button in until finished programming will
require starting over!!!!!!!!

PROGRAMMING SLIDE CONTROL WITHOUT PROGRAMMING BOX

Intended for service personnel in the field.
On site personnel may not have ready access to the programming box. The
procedure is best handled with three people; one operating the wall switch
inside the coach; one operating the reset buttons on the controller, and
one checking room seals.

Align the rails.
If one or more rails are not in the correct position, align them by
unplugging the motor on the rail(s) that is the first to reach the stop
point.

Next the person inside the coach moves the remaining rails until the
person under the slide room determines that the rails are aligned. Next
plug the motor back in. This may take a few tries. The objective is to
get all rails aligned in a row before setting the controller stop points.

Reset "IN" stop point. Press and hold the reset button for the "IN"
position while moving the room "IN" until reaching the correct stop point.
When the room is in the correct "IN" position, release the reset button.
This will set the correct position for all motors.

Note: "IN" must be set before "OUT." Reset "OUT" stop point.

(See wiring diagram, Page 5)

Repeat this for the "OUT" position. Push in and hold the "OUT" stop reset
button while another person operates the room switch to move the room
until it is in the correct out position. Once the room is in the correct
"OUT" position, release the "OUT" reset button.

This completes the slide control calibration/programming.
Old 08-10-2019, 02:08 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
So I bit the bullet and ordered the teach pendant. I followed the instructions provided by Lippert. So much better than a 3/4” wrench lol. In the teach mode slide works perfectly. Switch it to run mode and now my rear motor won’t run🙄. Any ideas? I’m lucky I’m not going anywhere for a while.
Old 08-10-2019, 03:53 PM   #9

Quote:
So I bit the bullet and ordered the teach pendant. I followed the instructions provided by Lippert. So much better than a 3/4” wrench lol. In the teach mode slide works perfectly. Switch it to run mode and now my rear motor won’t run[emoji849]. Any ideas? I’m lucky I’m not going anywhere for a while.

Check fuse on that motor?
Old 08-10-2019, 04:57 PM   #10

Quote:
So I bit the bullet and ordered the teach pendant. I followed the instructions provided by Lippert. So much better than a 3/4” wrench lol. In the teach mode slide works perfectly. Switch it to run mode and now my rear motor won’t run��. Any ideas? I’m lucky I’m not going anywhere for a while.
Just for other folks that may be following this thread.

This is no punch or insult to or at the OP for your problem....trust me. I really feel bad for you. It's just another one in the archives I've read over the past few years.

I am so done with Lippert Schwintek slide systems. They are nothing but trouble from all I've read. And especially on full wall slides. Small bedroom slides seem—SEEM— to be ok. I know, I know....sure they're are some folks that have no problems. SOME. But I'll tell ya one thing—IF—and that's a BIG IF—we ever decided to change to a different coach, it would NOT have Lippert Schwintek slide system. PERIOD.

Are you reading social media Lippert? Hummmmm? Hello.....anybody out there? Here's another one of YOUR customers...that has to go buy a $450 item to make your POS system kinda work.

Jeeze.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 07:20 PM   #11

Lippert teach pendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
Check fuse on that motor?
Read his post again. He said the slide works perfectly in the teach mode. If it was a blown fuse, it wouldn’t work at all.
A Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 05:23 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Traveler View Post
Read his post again. He said the slide works perfectly in the teach mode. If it was a blown fuse, it wouldn’t work at all.

Thanks, but your post is not true either. Each motor has its own fuse on control board so one motor could blow its fuse and not work.
Old 08-11-2019, 08:08 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoa View Post
Just for other folks that may be following this thread.

This is no punch or insult to or at the OP for your problem....trust me. I really feel bad for you. It's just another one in the archives I've read over the past few years.

I am so done with Lippert Schwintek slide systems. They are nothing but trouble from all I've read. And especially on full wall slides. Small bedroom slides seem—SEEM— to be ok. I know, I know....sure they're are some folks that have no problems. SOME. But I'll tell ya one thing—IF—and that's a BIG IF—we ever decided to change to a different coach, it would NOT have Lippert Schwintek slide system. PERIOD.

Are you reading social media Lippert? Hummmmm? Hello.....anybody out there? Here's another one of YOUR customers...that has to go buy a $450 item to make your POS system kinda work.

Jeeze.
I wish! it was $800
Old 08-11-2019, 08:11 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
Thanks, but your post is not true either. Each motor has its own fuse on control board so one motor could blow its fuse and not work.
The Rooster is correct. All fuses are good, I have power on both sides of fuses. I even switched the #3 motor plugs to motor #4 which is empty on my controller with no change. The odd thing is that the initial problem was the rear motor was the only one working

Tags
lippert