Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2014, 09:44 AM   #1

List Entry Level to High End

Will someone please provide, or tell me where I can find, lists of quality RV brands with the models listed in order from entry level to the most high end model? Iíve looked at the brochures. The models are listed alphabetically. Iím looking for a mid level to higher end Monaco, Holiday Rambler, Newmar, Country Coach, Winnebago, etc. Thanks so much for your help.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2014, 10:36 AM   #2

WHAT?

Old 10-02-2014, 10:37 AM   #3

Gas vs DP - would help! I will assume DP. All subjective, and for sure not inclusive. These would be Mid to High End that I would consider:

Mid Level
-Monaco Diplomat (and equivalent Holiday Rambler)
-Rexhall (Good bang for the buck, with above average safety.)
-Trippel E
-Newmar Dutch Star
-Alpine (closer to bottom end of the higher line of coaches)
-Travel Supreme (closer to the bottom end of the higher line of coaches, depending upon model, as the TS Select is in the higher end)
-Country Coach Tribute and Inspire
-Tiffen
-Winnebago
-Fleetwood Discovery/Providence and non Spartan chassis Revolution
-Beaver, including the Monaco era, Monterey
-Others

Higher End
-Newell
-Foretravel (all, but U320 and up gets you more goodies)
-Bluebird/Wanderlodge
-Monaco Dynasty, Executive
-Newmar Mountain Aire, King Aire, Essex
-Travel Supreme Select
-Entegra (two models, with one being probably closer to the top of the mid level)
-Country Coach Allure, Intrigue, Magna, Affinity (in that order, with Allure being what I consider the entry level of the upper end of the CC food chain)
-Bus conversions - too many to list
-Fleetwood American Line, including the LE line of the Revolution with Spartan chassis. These are made on the American line, but sold as Fleetwood's.)
-Beaver Patriot and Marquis

For sure not a complete list, and for sure very subjective.

When you go to Nada, you can get a feel by picking the same year, and looking at values. Usually the higher priced units, are the higher end units.

Now, also IMO, don't get concerned on the manufacturer or the model or mid vs high end. Come up with a list of what is 'Must Have's' and 'Nice to Have's' on the items that matter to you. (Mechanical: Tag or non tag? Side or Rear Radiator? Air Level or Hydraulic Level? CCC capacity? Length? Independent Front End or Beam? Engine size Medium size or Large? Etc. Interior: Slides, and how many? Dinette or table eating? Two couches or one plus chairs? TV placement? Kitchen Storage? Oven of non oven? Electric fridge or LP function? Private toilet room or open into bath area? Bath and a half or not? Etc.

Come up with a budget range, narrow the search down to a few specific brands and models based upon the budget range and how they match what you want.

Finally, IMO, buy as highest quality coach as you can. Drop years to retain the higher quality level, while staying within budget. Quality lasts.

Happy hunting,
Smitty
Old 10-02-2014, 11:12 AM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Look at NADA.com values. The original cost of each unit will allow you to create a list by manufacturer.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 02:50 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Nice list Smitty! Nailed it!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 02:56 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
great list, and great advice.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:30 PM   #7

Good list Smitty!
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:30 PM   #8

VERY helpful. Thanks.

Drove a 2007 Tiffin Phaeton 40’ DP. May be "The One".
Appears meticulously maintained. Drove nicely.
It had what was on the list and more
solid surface countertops which create one large level counter
micro/convection w/o standard oven
four door fridge
free standing dinette
zero or limited carpet (tile!)
private toilet, private shower
washer/dryer connections
fiberglass roof
All maintenance records which the PO has filed nicely in a well organized accordion file system. (What a guy!)

Close to the high end of my budget. It’s a keeper.

Thanks again for all of the good advice.

PPL in New Braunfels TX. Very good service so far.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:14 PM   #9

I have read about people post that have an electric fridge with invertor system, most do not seem happy...the propane fridge is very cheap to use and does not effect your electric consumption. If you go from RV park to Rv park it may not be an issue, camp a couple days in a state or national park then it becomes a big issue.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:41 PM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfritz View Post
I have read about people post that have an electric fridge with invertor system, most do not seem happy...the propane fridge is very cheap to use and does not effect your electric consumption. If you go from RV park to Rv park it may not be an issue, camp a couple days in a state or national park then it becomes a big issue.
I changed from the old technology propane/electric to an all electric residential refer and would never go back. I also do a fair amount of boondock and have not experienced any problems.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:36 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
I changed from the old technology propane/electric to an all electric residential refer and would never go back. I also do a fair amount of boondock and have not experienced any problems.
I'll second that summary. Having had both "Nevercold" and now residential there is absolutely, positively, no way I would go back. My DW is a happy wife that says and speaks volumes, if you know what I mean.

Caryl, as a footnote Tiffin is a good coach, however in many years models, which I believe the phaeton your looking at had crown issues with the fiberglass roof and wet bay issues. I would practice due diligence to insure these problems do not exist or have been repaired at Red Bay.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:55 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I believe no one nailed it. You inserted your likes not what he asked for. He listed five brand names and wanted their list of low end to high end models. Don't have these lists with me as I am noble. Someone can get them or do a model list search on each brand.

LEN
Old 10-03-2014, 08:12 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
All Electric coach is the only way to go for us. an we do a lot of boondocking.
C&SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:43 AM   #14

Thor

No one mentioned Thor Tuscany XTE, the unit we have is 2014 DP at 9.5 MPG with a 3500lb trailer, has many of the features of the high end without all the posh. It has great components, tile floors, all electric, lots of power, and priced under 200k. Thor has been responsive to our issues and I don't care how much you pay there will be issues. Just my two cents worth.

Dave