Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-11-2014, 09:18 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Question Location of Slobber Tube & Extension

OK...I know where mine is at so my question is where is yours at? This is most pertinent to Newmar owners on Spartan MM chassis with side radiators circa 2006ish. I'm trying to figure out if a previous owner moved it or if it came from Spartan/Newmar that way.

First, I'm asking this because I am reading a couple threads about stopping blow by from making a mess and so far it seems most of those participating in those thread seem to indicate the blow by tube is at the rear of the coach.

Second, I'm asking if there are any known issues on extending a slobber tube. I think I have read that extensions need to be done carefully. The biggest issue is to make sure there are no pinches or valleys for moisture to collect and later block the tube.

As background...

Mine is located such that it points towards the front of the coach. It is routed over the engine and the end of the tube is just about over where the engine and transmission are joined together. This causes blow by to flow down both sides of that area and form a film just near the inspection hole that allows techs to see the rear engine seal. Early on it caused a rookie tech at a local shop to diagnose a leaking rear engine seal incorrectly. A second opinion from a more savvy tech at that shop and then again at the Spartan factory both say there is not a leak they can see. BTW, for the first 6 months I had it, it was stored indoors on a concrete floor and there was no evidence of leaking so I don't think there was a rear seal problem either.

Based on the input I may decide to re-route the tube or put an extension on it to lengthen it beyond the housings and point more directly towards the ground.

Don, Sandee & GSD Zeus. Gardian Wings earned are GSDs Gunny (7/11/15) & Thor (5/5/15)
2006 DSDP 4320, Spartan MM IFS, 2013 CR-V, Blue Ox Avail, SMI AF1, Samsung 197R Refer.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2014, 10:11 PM   #2

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page under this post and go to similar threads, you'll find ideas pictures and links in the other posts that are listed there.
99DSDP 3884, Freightliner, XC, CAT 3126B, 300 HP /ALLISON 3060
2000 Caravan toad, Remco & Blue Ox.
Skip426 is offline   Reply With Quote