Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2014, 08:49 PM   #1

Log book

Haven't found an app so I was wondering what log book everyone uses and where you get them
iamblum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2014, 08:54 PM   #2

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamblum View Post
Haven't found an app so I was wondering what log book everyone uses and where you get them
Try a search in the google window on the tool bar above for log or log book. I remember there were some post not too long ago.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:09 PM   #3

I'll give it a shot. I'm on am android phone. So I'll try the search feature. Thanks bro
Old 08-31-2014, 06:20 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Log Book for what? You mean like truckers use?
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:36 AM   #5

Yes. It would be nice to keep track of miles, fuel, prices and trips
Old 08-31-2014, 12:22 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Back in 1986 when we started camping with the kids, I used an auto log book to record our journeys. I noted every stop/start; miles driven, gas used (price, amount and total); as well as where we camped and the price of the campground. Back then, there were no Apps to record such things. Now, 5 different RV's later, I use the same written method of recording our trips. Each time we get a new RV, I get a new log book. It works for me.
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:28 PM   #7

Interesting. I'll try to come up with something on that magic electric box. Thanks much
Old 08-31-2014, 03:34 PM   #8

I just use a composition book
I only log maintenance, things that need to be done, weights and pressures, model numbers, important info.....
gatorb8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 04:53 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
IAMBLUM,
I use an Excel spread sheet on my laptop. I log dates, distance, MPG ETC. I then have a summary box that keeps the RVs running miles per year, MPG per year and MPG since purchasing, miles since service ETC. I also added a "states visited" map to the spread sheet so its become pretty "all encompassing". I use the Silver Leaf computer system to provide inputs... works well for us.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:20 PM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There are a couple of programs out there that lend themselves to "Log book" type operations

One, which any accountant can explain, is a Spreadsheet, This is great for recording miles driven, towns visited, and money spent on assorted things.

Another is a database.. Here you can set up a page-a-day type thing where you record other things like what you did with the kids.

Both are parts of common office suite programs such as Microsoft OFFICE (windows). Apache Open Office (Windows and some other platforms), Polaris Office (android) NOTE: Packages listed are EXAMPLES, I have used them but am posting without comment on them.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:28 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Rv Care Logbook. It has a lot for maintenance and also a section for trips for fuel prices and mpg. Try rvcarelogbook.com.
bobnik3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:43 PM   #12

We do what Coastie does. it's fun to take them out and read your notes once in awhile, remember places you've been, what side trips you went on, where you wouldn't go again, what the prices were back then(which you thought were high at the time haha).
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:36 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Hi,

All those previous posts are good however I use a log book that i buy at Camping World as it is small and has all the info space I need. It also has refills for the binder when you fill it up.

My wife uses a notebook to write about the places we have stopped and the sites we have seen. She also lists the campground as to whether it was good or not.

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:13 PM   #14

I just have a journal book that I record the info for our trips. I add all the info about the fuel purchase - along w/ location & actual ease or lack thereof of getting to the pumps. That info really comes in handy when traveling the same roads. I can know where the station is & if it was easy access. If you just keep a logbook I would highly recommend adding the info about the station, location & access.
3catstravel is offline   Reply With Quote