Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2015, 09:22 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
We had a Beaver Marquis for 19 years and put 150,000+ miles on it. Sold it to a friend and he put 12,000 more on it before he passed away. The coach is still going strong. Didn't really start to run real good until about 84-85,000 miles.

If it's been well maintained and you like the floor plan - Go for it.

super_rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2015, 10:59 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Mileage is a non issue with a diesel. If you go to the NADA site and look at the form for RVs, the mileage block has a note beside it that says, "ignore if diesel."

Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 11:04 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Hi miknkat,
Welcome to iRV2. My coach has 99K miles and running just like the day it was delivered.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 11:17 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
High mileage......

The only thing I can add here in regards to a high mileage Coach.......there are a ton of low to mid mileage Coach's for sale all over........ if you are planning on keeping it for some time, OK . I watch high mileage Coach's all the time on the internet, and the ones with high miles end up on ebay in a "No reserve" auction........just to move them.
I am going to guess here based on what I see, that if you wanted to trade/sell it in a couple of years lets say........to up grade.......You will be insulted on what you are offered for it when selling/trading with those miles. Like I said, this is just what I see on a daily basis on the net with these Coach's..........as far as those miles on it, if maintained, just broke in!
If the price is right like you say, and your are happy with the price.....Go for it, and make sure to post picture's when you can!
Old 02-07-2015, 12:44 PM   #19

You didn't mention which diesel engine it has. We have a Cummins ISL. In a presentation made by Cummins Westport, they state the ISL has a B50 life of 600,000 miles. B50 is the point where 50% of the engines will require a major overhaul.
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 08:36 PM   #20

Koop, the engine is the Cummins isl 8.9L 450hp, 1250 torque with DEF.
Old 02-08-2015, 08:47 PM   #21

Is the coach Sangria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottybdivin View Post
Is this coach Sangria with dark wood? There is another thread going about a similar coach. I also started a thread about a coach back in Nov. A dealer in Texas called me about a prospective arrival, that never materialized. It definitely had my interest for the price. Too much of a coincidence with the Make, model, mileage, and story. Good luck. The mileage didn't scare me off, it just never made it to Texas. As you can see, I ended up with a very similar coach (Rear bth with a 1/2 bth), a few less miles and a few years older.

No, the coach is Pewter. It looks like a lot of coaches come off the nascar circuit late November once the season ends. I see at least 3 other high mileage coaches being discussed........would love to talk with someone that bought one of these high mileage off the circuit.
Old 02-08-2015, 08:51 PM   #22

However, what about the rest of the coach...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottybdivin View Post
Is this coach Sangria with dark wood? There is another thread going about a similar coach. I also started a thread about a coach back in Nov. A dealer in Texas called me about a prospective arrival, that never materialized. It definitely had my interest for the price. Too much of a coincidence with the Make, model, mileage, and story. Good luck. The mileage didn't scare me off, it just never made it to Texas. As you can see, I ended up with a very similar coach (Rear bth with a 1/2 bth), a few less miles and a few years older.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
114k is not high mileage for a diesel. However, what about the rest of the coach?
The rest of the coach is stellar in appearance. I found 4 nicks on the exterior with the shine of a new coach. The interior at a glance looks brand new. It looks like the electric cook top got use along with sinks and bathrooms. The drivers seat of course looks well broken in. The dish washer looks unused and furniture looks perfect.The bed mattress looks like new. There are some scuff marks from slight rubbing on the porcelain floor from the full slideout. I will have it checked with the full inspection. The inside frame and storage compartments look excellent and the chassis underneath looks very good - no rust or damage. Roof looks fine - a little dull but does not look like there were any chairs or people on it. To me, it looks like it was not lived in and just used for entertaining and rest. The driver must have slept in hotels on the road
Old 02-08-2015, 08:53 PM   #23

Live for now, buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Ekberg View Post
Or should we just have the attitude to take care of it while we drive the wheels off it and enjoy life while meeting new friends and seeing this great country? Other thoughts and ideas are welcome.
There you go. Live for now. Buy it.
I love your spirit
Old 02-08-2015, 09:16 PM   #24

Thank you all for the great information. I respect every ones knowledge and expertise. Can someone speak to the generator. It is a 10kw with 4423 hrs on it.(averages out to 2-3 hrs a day which sounds right if on the circuit). Should this be a concern? What maintenance should have been done to keep it in working order? When does a coach generator need an overhaul? What is the cost to refurbish?
Also, as I stated in an earlier e-mail the batteries are original. There are 2 chassis and 6 house batteries........I am told replacement would run around $1500 when it's time. Does that sound right and should I be planning that soon? Thanks again!
Old 02-08-2015, 09:56 PM   #25

My Cat 330 HP only has 72,000 miles on it but it's not the engine itself i worry about, it's all the accessories that has to work perfect in order for the engine to work. Most of the tow-ins I have read about seem to be caused by defective/damaged injectors, fuel pump, alternator, belts (and the fan bearing on the C-7 Cats), radiator, fuel filters, some electric problem, etc.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:40 PM   #26

Well...... I would be willing to buy it from you a few years from now at 1/2 of NADA if all you are going to do is put 10k a year on it. Just buy it...everything will work out. Just think...you could spend another 50k for a low mileage unit but it wouldnt take 50k to replace the engine and transmission so what is the issue?

2001 American Eagle 40 US 8.9 ISL, towing 1999 Cherokee or 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 with Polaris RZR in the back.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:29 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by miknkat View Post
Thank you all for the great information. I respect every ones knowledge and expertise. Can someone speak to the generator. It is a 10kw with 4423 hrs on it.(averages out to 2-3 hrs a day which sounds right if on the circuit). Should this be a concern? What maintenance should have been done to keep it in working order? When does a coach generator need an overhaul? What is the cost to refurbish?
Also, as I stated in an earlier e-mail the batteries are original. There are 2 chassis and 6 house batteries........I am told replacement would run around $1500 when it's time. Does that sound right and should I be planning that soon? Thanks again!
I've read reports of generators with 20,000 hours. Keep in mind the resale will be commensurate with miles, then go for it!
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:22 AM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If you buy it please post pictures!

jeryan59 is offline   Reply With Quote