Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2019, 08:31 AM   #85

I saw it sold

I saw it was marked sold, I wonder if OP purchased it?
blang311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2019, 08:48 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoa View Post
I was talking to a Canadian couple next door to us yesterday. They're down here in RGV for the winter. He was telling me that when he first retired, they had a 80' Yacht built for them and traveled for 6 years. It had—twin 1,100hp diesel engines—with a 4K gallon fuel tank. Later on, they hooked with up with another couple that had a 120' yacht and they began to travel together. He added another 400 gallon fuel tank so he would have the same range as the other couple. So let's do the math on filling up those puppies up shall we....YIKES!
Back in the 60's or 70's Bob Dougherty, the founder of Valmont Industries, had an ocean going Tug converted to a double deck luxury yacht. It had a fulltme crew to keep it running and in perfect condition. We had a Dealer Council evening on it while anchored in Vancouver and we had two levels of entertainment. It was a taste of how the rich lived. There were two 24' cabin cruisers on board that could be lowered to the water for a fishing sidetrip. The engine was a monster and the engine room was so clean you could eat on the floor. It had such a large fuel capacity that they went to Mexico once a year to fill up. Even at pennys per gallon, it had to be quite a bill.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 08:49 AM   #87

Country Coach Owners Club
Make sure they give you a roll of T.P. for the bathroom.
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:13 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
Back in the 60's or 70's Bob Dougherty, the founder of Valmont Industries, had an ocean going Tug converted to a double deck luxury yacht. It had a fulltme crew to keep it running and in perfect condition. We had a Dealer Council evening on it while anchored in Vancouver and we had two levels of entertainment. It was a taste of how the rich lived. There were two 24' cabin cruisers on board that could be lowered to the water for a fishing sidetrip. The engine was a monster and the engine room was so clean you could eat on the floor. It had such a large fuel capacity that they went to Mexico once a year to fill up. Even at pennys per gallon, it had to be quite a bill.

We sold our 41 foot sundeck powerboat that we lived aboard a year ago. I was often asked what it cost to fuel it up and how much it cost in fuel to run it. My answer was always: 'The fuel was the least expensive part of owning and running the boat'. It took 400 gallons to fill it up (and diesel costs more on a dock than a gas station on land). The boat burned about 4 gallons per hour running at 10 mph with the twin Cummins engines running. The math is easy to figure out.
ClassAboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:40 PM   #89

What happened here? First the OP went from a 36’ to a 45’, now it’s fuel consumption of a tug boat.
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:09 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVPioneer View Post
What happened here? First the OP went from a 36’ to a 45’, now it’s fuel consumption of a tug boat.
OP is MIA. 7 pages of replies and no update for several days. This happens all to often IMO. I'm done here.

Yeah a lot of these threads go down multiple unrelated rabbit holes. Sometimes it's good and humorous but most of the time very annoying. Especially when all the scientists get in on the show and go back & forth arguing about the physics of things. Jeeze!
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:12 PM   #91

I had a 38’ x 45’ patio once, it took 17 gallons of bleach to clean it twice a year, and bleach cost more at Hd than Lowe’s, but that’s here in the south.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:42 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucbyrickg View Post
I had a 38’ x 45’ patio once, it took 17 gallons of bleach to clean it twice a year, and bleach cost more at Hd than Lowe’s, but that’s here in the south.

Ah, one of my favorite drinks - wry whiskey.
Sandy Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 02:03 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoa View Post
OP is MIA. 7 pages of replies and no update for several days. This happens all to often IMO. I'm done here.
The OP responded back on pg 4 (post #50) that he wasn't feeling well and had to reschedule.. He was hoping to go last weekend..
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 02:23 PM   #94
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
Yikes, I could sure push a lot of wrong buttons on that dash. I think I saw a ejection seat button, an oil slick button, and the rocket launcher button.

Looks like something James Bond would drive.
It ought to steer by stick and rudder pedals instead of a wheel.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:12 PM   #95

Very nice coach! I'm in a similar boat, considering moving from a 37' Discovery to 43' Newmar Tag. It's a nicer coach for sure but it puts me well over the 26,001 lb limit. I'm not looking forward to having to deal with getting a non-CDL licensing hassle.
SR-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 03:16 PM   #96

4 gallons per hour in a boat? I use 10 gallons per hour on the highway. The shortest tag axle I know of is a 40' Newmar. I think someone mentioned Foretravel also. With the steerable tag, I can make a U-turn on a 2 line Highway shoulder to shoulder.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:44 PM   #97

Blue Bird

If you have not had a lot of experience with large diesel pusher motor homes you are going to have problems that you would not have in moderate size rigs. If you get on the wrong road and you need to turn around you will have to drive on til you find some acreage to turn around on. I had a 40' Holiday Rambler,Scepter and several smaller ones before that. There is a lot of technology in the big rigs and they do have problems. Wrenches, screwdrivers and tire tools are not any help with these rigs. Whatever you get make the front end stable. Drive it and back it up etc. and then drive a 36 ' coach. I would love to have it and I would drive it to Alaska and stay for the summer. Did it once and would do it again. Good Luck!
Judge32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 04:03 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
Who makes a 36ft with Tag? I have seen a 38 footer with Tag (a Foretravel) but that is the shortest I ever came across.
Just curious.
Rexall made them...
Josstoop is offline   Reply With Quote