Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2008, 01:10 PM   #1

I am in the looking period of my search I have narrowed it down to 3 one of witch is a Tuscany 08.There is a lot of info on other brands but not much on Damons what can any of you owners tell me GO AND BAD about them.Quality of product - Factory service and support ect. How do they compare to lets say Holiday Rambler and Tiffin??Thanks for the help!!!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2008, 01:10 PM   #2

I am in the looking period of my search I have narrowed it down to 3 one of witch is a Tuscany 08.There is a lot of info on other brands but not much on Damons what can any of you owners tell me GO AND BAD about them.Quality of product - Factory service and support ect. How do they compare to lets say Holiday Rambler and Tiffin??Thanks for the help!!!!

Old 12-10-2008, 02:20 PM   #3

Just my $.02 but after looking around (after our purchase a couple years ago), I would rank these in this order.

1. Tiffin
2. Newmar
3. Holiday Rambler
4. Monaco

It also depends on the model as these can be interchangable dep. on options but I think this order speaks for build quality.

I have seen some Damons and they are very nice...but not on the order of a Tiffin product.

For service and support, the others that are actually owners will have to help as with my mfr., I am on my own.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:41 PM   #4
doc

Appalachian Campers
Nice coach, good quality. There is a good discussion in the Damon forum further down the list.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:35 PM   #5

I am the proud owner of a 2006 Damon Tuscany. I looked for many years before I purchased. I traded in a 2002 Itasca gaser. I personally don't think you will find another MH in this price range that will compete with Damon. The quality of construction and the product line of appliances will be hard to find in another unit. The Frieghtliner chassis has some 1800 locations for service as compared to Spartan, Roadmaster, Workhorse, and others.

That's my 2 cents. I hope it helps.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:00 AM   #6

I have a 2000 Ultrasport that has performed near perfectly for me. However, there are cases in the past of poor quality on some Damon motorhomes and a lack of their providing warranty work. In the last two year or so I have not heard of problems so I can't address that.
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
J Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:30 PM   #7

I had a damon product before I got my present MH. NO COMPARISON! I do hear they have improved but the taste of poor quality, at a lower price, is one that I will never forget!
In the motor home business you definately get what you pay for.
Baby Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:05 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have a 2006 Astoria Pacific Edtion and we love it. It was out of warrenty when we noticed some delamination and Damon covered the cost of fixing it in November. As far as I'm concerned, they are worth the money.
denlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:01 AM   #9

Well I think really all 3 are very good but right now the safe bet would be a Damon because look at whatís going on with the companies themselves. Damon does not owe a bunch of money to people, they are a Thor company. (The largest RV manufacture there is) There market share is up. Now look at Holiday Rambler aka Monaco. Rumor is they are shutting there doors down but I donít think this is true at all. I think people are just thinking that because the factories always take a break for the holidays for about a week and now they are going to take a month off instead (with out pay), and they just took out a big loan so people are think its to keep them a float. They did close the doors down on a few of there plants and lay some people off at others. Now back to Damon they are not taking longer off they are not taking out loans and they even just open up a new line. No Tiffin I donít know that much about but I do hear good things and like what I have seen.

Just my $.02, What ever you do enjoy.

Joe

P.S.
If you do go with a Monaco or a Damon do your shopping. I know they both just made some really big sales and sold some dealerships some units way behind Invoice so you should be able to buy a 2009 for less then a 2008.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:00 PM   #10

Interesting post. We looked at the Tuscany as well over a year ago, nice looking coach from the outside however we did not find the finishing that good inside (IMO). Comparing with Tiffin I do not believe is a good comparision. Now there is a new 36' DP from Tiffen (RED) that might be comparible because retails are close. I haven't seen this model but if I look at a 40' Phaeton and a Tuscany, the former is a much better built coach, again IMO. HR & Monaco are essentially the same and are nice coaches. Again higher up in the scale of coaches. Newmar is also a higher end unit.

Basically it comes down to you liking the coach so look at a Tuscany, then look at a Phaeton and make your own initial comparisions. Then go into the details of how each is built, materials, etc.

W24 8.1 Vortec
Kyle241 is offline   Reply With Quote