Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-24-2016, 06:22 AM   #15
Monaco Owners Club
There is a nice 05 Dynasty tag 39 available at Alliance Coach in Wildwood Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

2009 Safari Cheetah 42 PAQ
2009 Honda CRV
tbfirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2016, 01:56 PM   #16
As mentioned:
Monaco, CC had a few. I also believe Foretravel had a 38' M11 engined tag for a few years too.

Happy hunting,

Roo II is our 04 Country Coach Allure 40'
OnDRoad for The JRNY! Enjoy life...
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 02:10 PM   #17
Monaco Owners Club
Originally Posted by bigjim8499 View Post
As to the comments from several posters it obvious that you have not driven a tag axle coach. I drove a non tag foe 10 yrs and now that I have a tag I would not go back. Much better handling. Just my two cents.

Jim E
06 Exec with tag
Yes, I too would never go back to a non tag coach!! The only negative for ME is that i did lose storage space.
05 Monaco, Signature 525 Hp Cummins
Jeep Grand Cherokee
C&SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 02:12 PM   #18
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I agree with Big Jim above.
David and my Co-Pilot Pickles the Wonder Dog
2002 Holiday Rambler Navigator and 2014 CRV Toad
WK0P Monitoring 146.52 Mhz and CB Channel 13
UAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 02:51 PM   #19
Vintage RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Originally Posted by UAV View Post
I agree with Big Jim above.
Ditto (but I'm in a non-tag lol)

BlueBird made a 36' tag but that was in the 80's..still plenty running around but assuming you are not wanting one that old.
1995 BlueBird BMC 37
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
1984 BlueBird Wanderlodge FC35RB-Sold
dmurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 01:25 AM   #20
Country Coach Owners Club
reasons for tag:
1) Breaking ability.2)stability. 3)carying capacity. 3) in my short life 54yo i have purchased a lot of junk and the next day regreted it. - I'm done regretting. 4)if you need a tool to work for you right , you need to look what pros are using ( in any field / trade ,cooks to bricklayers),, how many heavy duty trucks/buses are on the roads day in and day out with one axle? ever asked yourself that question? and if i wanted a moto on the back -well its just that , i can ! the option is there.
1ezflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 02:12 AM   #21
Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Ok, you answered almost all of the question, but why do you want a 37'/38' MH? When almost all of the tag models come in the 42' to 45' range? You will be surprised how easy the longer one's drive, and you will be able to get them into the same places as you can a 37/38' ! Not a lot of difference when you get to the 40+ range! If you have a 40' barn, then with the money you will save from paying a prem. for the shorter MH with a tag, add on to your barn! Wondering minds want to know? Rail!
Retired, and "Always on Holiday!"
1996 Monaco Windsor 38' "Mona"
guardrail53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 12:49 PM   #22
Country Coach Owners Club
thank you for your insight (pard the ire ,,, and the deep pain)
I say ire since i know very well what you are talking about. and pain since the difference is about 30K .
some time in life ( here is where i go painfully philosophic on you) you , well how do i say this politely have to accept that the beutifull thing next to you, your friend, your lover the mother of your two kids the thing they call your wife,, have a say so even if it is painfully wrong, even if there is no logical explanation(there isn't ) i have no say in an effort to keep mentally sane and in an effort to keep the household peace for many more years to come and maybe just maybe when she sees the light i can finally say ,,, are you ready ? drum roll please ,,, I TOLD YOU SO!!!!
hop you get my delicate painful situation.
1ezflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 12:53 PM   #23
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by bigjim8499 View Post
As to the comments from several posters it obvious that you have not driven a tag axle coach. I drove a non tag for 10 yrs and now that I have a tag I would not go back. Much better handling.
Actually I have and I didn't find the tag axle ones we had to be that much, if any, better handling than the non-tag units. But then maybe it's due to the quality of the units too.
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 05:56 PM   #24
Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Our two most recent MHs have been from the same manufacturer, one tag one non tag. I notice the difference mostly when being passed by an 18 wheeler or in a severe cross wind...tag is much more stable in both situations.

I should also add that the tag's GVWR is over 14k more than the non tag.
2014 American Eagle 45T
DD 500
Pulling a Honda CRV
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 12:21 AM   #25
I got my 2008 Allure 470 in 2014 for $193k. I'm third owner. I worked extremely hard to find a than 40 pusher w a tag. I knew about, and was willing to pay the premium necessary to pry such a rare motor home away from its owner. I think that ended up being at least $20k.

CC is the only one built in the 2000's, IMO built and designed well enough still to be so on the road and coveted. be careful of any CC built in late 2008 on. The QC had begun to fail and they were canabilizing coaches on the line to keep doors open.

I love my CC. It's still serviceable and I can call people for help. I played out a fantasy if I had the cash and could buy ANY MH I wanted. I looked at all MH that I liked and listed things about them I didn't like. I need a big engine, HD front end, IFS, and great carrying capacity. Considering everything I learned, I discovered the best MH I could buy w the attributes I wanted was the one I already have--in spite of being 8 1/2 years new.

2008 Country Coach Allure 470, 4-slide 37' w/ tag, 425 Cummins, 22.5x 315s, IFS, Techma, SaniCon, Dish Trav'ler, MCDs, liftup Sony w fireplace, 1440W solar, 600Ah LiFePo, Toad=2014 JKUR
Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote