Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2019, 11:27 AM   #1

Looking for a TV sound solution

So here's the problem:
When watching the TV in the "living room" the TV we rotate the TV out away from the wall for a better viewing angle. Unfortunately, it seems that most of the sound comes out of the back of the TV which ends up directing the sound towards the bedroom. And since we go to bed at different times it can be quite annoying.

Thought about using a sound bar (simplest solution?) and about wireless speakers (don't know much about them). Some of the wireless speakers mention bluetooth but I'm not sure how bluetooth speakers play with other bluetooth devices?

Anyway, I'd like to do something to negate the TV sound from being directed towards the bedroom, so I am all ears on your suggestions.

Attaching the floorplan for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mod71312.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	260970  
Oldmso54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2019, 11:37 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldmso54 View Post
So here's the problem:
When watching the TV in the "living room" the TV we rotate the TV out away from the wall for a better viewing angle. Unfortunately, it seems that most of the sound comes out of the back of the TV which ends up directing the sound towards the bedroom. And since we go to bed at different times it can be quite annoying.

Thought about using a sound bar (simplest solution?) and about wireless speakers (don't know much about them). Some of the wireless speakers mention bluetooth but I'm not sure how bluetooth speakers play with other bluetooth devices?

Anyway, I'd like to do something to negate the TV sound from being directed towards the bedroom, so I am all ears on your suggestions.

Attaching the floorplan for reference.
Wireless headphones for front tv, I bought a set for my wife and she could watch tv while I slept because the noise was worse than light for me.
Darin1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 11:49 AM   #3

I like the suggestion of using head phones,, I have a sound bar for better sound than the internal tv speakers. Changing sound direction is a difficult thing to accomplish,,, I doubt a sound bar will get you there. I'm probably a lot older than the OP but because of my age I tend to have the volume "too high" according to the DW :>) so in my case I need to keep the sound level down . Yup I should get head phones, just never took that step. They did make me get hearing aids though HA!

CLIFFORD
clifford j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 12:02 PM   #4

Do you wear hearing aids by chance? DW and I both have hearing aids. We both have a compilot and TV link. Compilot is Phonaks version of a bluetooth device that allows TV sound to be broadcast directoy to the hearing aids. No hearing aids, then bluetooth head phones is the best solution.
Old 09-20-2019, 12:14 PM   #5

Location: Land of high fuel prices and lousy roads; Kalifornia
Had a similar problem. I ended up adding a Bose Solo 5 sound bar to the bottom of my TV. It is a pretty small sound bar, and I just used 2 sided tape to attach it to the bottom of my TV. We are very happy with the results. Much clearer and louder sound.
Old 09-20-2019, 04:10 PM   #6

Light weight and comfortable.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 09-21-2019, 08:01 AM   #7

So a bit more info: I'm the early to bed one and my wife is the TV watcher. Sooo, I'll be taking this info and seeing if she'd be willing to go the headphone route.

OH ... and no hearing aides yet for either of us but our kids tell both of us we need one - LOL
Oldmso54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 12:04 PM   #8

The problem is that when I plug in my wireless headphones, it turns off the sound to everyone else. I had assumed that my wife could keep hearing the TV the normal way while I set the volume I wanted on my headset. Who designs these things anyway?
Cloud Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 12:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud Dancer View Post
The problem is that when I plug in my wireless headphones, it turns off the sound to everyone else. I had assumed that my wife could keep hearing the TV the normal way while I set the volume I wanted on my headset. Who designs these things anyway?

There is a setting buried in the menu system of our tv to let both headphones and tv speakers to work and each have own volume control.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote