Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-13-2012, 09:15 PM   #29
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We just set up next to a couple with a Newmar Bay Star---29'. Thet were tickled pink with it---------------just a thought. Wife got a tour of the inside and liked it---I remarked about how nice lookig it was on the out.

I do all my own stunts
03 Dolphin LX 6355, Workhorse W22, 8.1 vortec, 04 CR-V, Blue Ox, Brake Pro----Norm, Barb and
Doc(He's a PhD)
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2012, 08:22 AM   #30
Doc S. we worked with a local dealer before buying our 1st motorhome and took out several models from class to to a 40 ft DP before buying. We found that the 29ft class c did not have the power we wanted. The 32 ft was nice with 2 slides but not the floor plan I wanted and at the time even though I loved the 40 ft DP I just would not spend that kind of money. With all that said we bought a 2008 Winnebago 37 ft gas pusher. A great motorhome. No noise in the front and drives great with a lot of great features. Then we had an opportunity to get a 2006 Newmar 39 ft DP and could not pass it up. So our Winnebago is in on the market. I do all the driving while my husband is a great co-pilot! The Newmar has a large kitchen and a king size bed add the great ride and other features made it just the motorhome for us. Try as many as you can before your final decision.

jv52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #31
Doc, the Newmar Baystar 29 ft. with slides is a really nice unit. Should be easy to maneuver and is a well built unit. There is a really nice 2011 unit for sale in Orange Park, Fl. For $89,995, which seems to be a really good deal. Google 2901, Newmar Baystar, Orange Park, Fl. I tell my patients that they will probably not get healthier as they get older, so enjoy yourself and your family everyday.

Dr. K.
MajesticRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:46 AM   #32
Don't miss looking at the newly released Allegro Breeze (Tiffin) as it comes in a shorter lengths than most DP motorhomes. It is getting great raves from the new owners.
We've owned 10 RV's during the past 25 years and as owners of 3 diesel pushers, we'd strongly recommend a Class A DP as a perfect coach for you. The higher end coach you buy, the more things will be automated like the awnings, water hose, electrical hose, and leveling system. You will definitely find a motorhome much easier to deal with than a 5er! Good luck with whatever you decide, it sure beats sitting at home.
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:44 AM   #33
I’m new to RVing but not to towing. Had a 5th wheel horse trailer for years. I travel with several couples that are all in 5th wheels. I set up alone and ready for enjoying the experience long before the couples are. One other thing when are in a caravan and we see an area we want to sight see, I can park in W.M or similar area, remove my car and go on short trips. They cannot unhook from their 5th wheel the way a MH can.

Edited to add: I love this Dolphin for what I paid it handles and rides beautifully but if the price was not a consideration for the ride alone I would go DP.

Loving My RV
2005 Dolphin 6355 LX W24
lenjen is offline   Reply With Quote