Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #1

Looking for Banks Power Installers

I'm considering having a Banks PowerPack system installed on my '05 gas Fleetwod Bounder. My first step is to contact some installing dealers to get recommendations and costs, but Im having problems locating them. Ive used a form on the Banks web site and searched the web, but have not been successful at discovering any to call.

Id prefer to speak with some in the Chicago area or in the Midwest, but if you know of a good one anywhere let me know.. were mobile.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2012, 04:25 PM   #2

If you can come to the northwest, or even if you can't, at least contact Brazel's in Centralia Washington (click here) and talk with them. They are RV performance experts and are a forum sponsor here on iRV2. They do install Banks but they also have their own proprietary UltraPower upgrade (click here for a complete explanation).

Old 11-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #3

If you are looking for a Banks Kit, you may be SOL. They have stopped production on the kit for the ISC 350HP Cummins. There was another thread called "Help with ISC" that talks about this subject. Below is a post I made on that thread after sending Banks an email asking what they propose to do as far as warranty is concerned with the kit that I just purchased in June of 2012.
They may still produce the Stinger Kit which is the lesser kit that does not include the Turbocharger change. Not sure about that but before you proceed, I suggest you check out their website and see what they actually still produce.
Banks Power | Diesel Performance and Gas Performance Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45
This internet co. still lists P/N: 49297 Banks kit for the ISC 8.3L at $2498.73 which is 500 bucks less than Banks used to charge.
I have sent in a request asking if it is in stock and also a request from Banks as to what they propose to do to honor warranty on mine that I just bought in June.
I'll let you know what I find out.
Tempted to buy this one for a spare.

Banks Power Powerpack System - Cummins ISC 8.3L MH

Here is the reply I got back from Banks.

Due to lack of demand, production costs, minimum production runs and other various factors, those particular kits have reached their end of life term and are no longer being manufactured. Fortunately, those particular Ottomind modules have an extremely low failure rate. Generally the module may experience a software issue in which case we simply reflash the software. However, in the unlikely event of a hardware failure that occurs while the product is under warranty we would have to address such issues on a case by case basis as we encounter them. It is our intention to honor our warranty in the best interest of our customers.

We thank you for your inquiry and the opportunity to respond.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:08 PM   #4

if he is actually talking about the Banks system for the 330-350 ISC it is only for 1998 -2002 And some early 2003 units
thats what banks told me 3 years sgo when I bought mine and I self installed it.made a huge difference in power

Opps my bad I should have read OP post instead of beleiving what other posters posted
sorry
Old 11-23-2012, 05:17 PM   #5

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Better read the OP's post, he's asking for his '05 GAS Bounder, not the ISC.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #6

In this months RV magazine there is a Banks ad on page 21. Says Diesel or Gas Rv's. Go to; bankspower.com/mh1 or call 1-800-695-1422. Good luck!

Stano
Old 11-23-2012, 05:48 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
an exhaust shop should have no problem installing the system. Not hard to do... might be looking at 7-10hrs worth of labor charges if there are no problems.(broken bolts/etc).
Old 11-23-2012, 05:53 PM   #8

Yeah, I don't know where all the talk about a Cummins ISC came from as the OP has an '05 Bounder 35-footer ...probably on a Workhorse chassis with the Vortec 8.1 V8? I think Banks still makes a kit for that, don't they?
Old 11-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You might do a search on here for Banks on gas rigs. There are some very different observations as to benefits and costs.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:14 PM   #10

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by demoon View Post
You might do a search on here for Banks on gas rigs. There are some very different observations as to benefits and costs.
I've had Banks Power Packs on both a gas and now diesel. The gas was a 460 Ford, now have one on our ISC. In both cases it made a big difference in power. Mileage, not so much if any but at least it didn't get any worse. I had CW install the gas one, I did the ISC myself.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:33 AM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
didnt Camping World do the Banks thing?
Old 11-24-2012, 09:54 AM   #12

Thanks for the feedback; allow me to refine my question.
1. I've got the Ford 6.8L
2. I'm looking for a shop that installs the Banks PowerPack hardware; intake, manifold, exhaust, etc.
3. I'd prefer 'turn key' operation that has experience in supplying and installing this system on Ford chassis motorhomes.
4. Midwest is best, but I can travel for the install.

regards, Jeff

PS I'm interested in power, not MPG
Old 11-24-2012, 10:11 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Camping World installed a Banks kit on the gas 454 I had. At their Chicago Bollingbrook that is no longer a CW. They moved to HERE

But by their on line web site they no longer do the exhaust kit.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:03 PM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdjeb View Post
Thanks for the feedback; allow me to refine my question.
1. I've got the Ford 6.8L
2. I'm looking for a shop that installs the Banks PowerPack hardware; intake, manifold, exhaust, etc.
3. I'd prefer 'turn key' operation that has experience in supplying and installing this system on Ford chassis motorhomes.
4. Midwest is best, but I can travel for the install.

regards, Jeff

PS I'm interested in power, not MPG
If you contact Banks and are buying through them, they will refer you to an installer, probably one in your area.

Tags
power