Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2011, 08:32 AM   #15

I agree with the TV mounted high up front. Listening to all the similar comments on this forum, I'm surprised all the MH manufacturers aren't putting it in different places. Our '05 Anventurer has it across from the couch and we love it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2011, 10:34 AM   #16

We had thought about putting a flat screen in ourselves but weren't sure if it was possible. Nice to hear from several that you've done that. It will open up a lot more possibilities for us.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:27 AM   #17

Having the tv in the living room and NOT over the driver up front was one of the main floorplan features we looked for and would not compromise on.

We have been very happy with our Damon 3575 with its forward kitchen design and 37" flat panel on the rear living room wall and 2 sofas.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:50 AM   #18

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Agree that the TV up front is not needed. We removed ours and installed a wireless printer in it's place.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:57 PM   #19
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
We've got a wall (seen below) not obstructed by a slide that we're considering putting an LED TV on. We'd remove the mirror & take power from the outlet below - might have to reinforce behind the paneling. It's just a matter of fishing the wires from the control center above the dash to there that's presenting the problems.

Lori-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010035 - Copy.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	8364  
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:29 AM   #20

We have a 2007 Winnebago Adventurer 38 J. The TV is located in an entertainment center that is located on the right slide out behind the passenger seat.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:55 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
We've got a wall (seen below) not obstructed by a slide that we're considering putting an LED TV on. We'd remove the mirror & take power from the outlet below - might have to reinforce behind the paneling. It's just a matter of fishing the wires from the control center above the dash to there that's presenting the problems.

Lori-
Lori,

That was our delima. Using my 18 yr old grandson to do the underneath work, we fished the coax cable down thru an area beside the water heater, followed the gas line forward, then thru a wall where some wires were fed thru, over the frame, over airbag, & up thru the left windshield post and across to the splitter box where the old tv was connected. The only thing we lost was surround sound until we fish speaker wires thru the same way. That's for another day. AS for mounting, we used a swivel wall mount that was connected to some solid wood bracing and was able to swing the tv into the opening.

Dave
Old 02-20-2011, 12:43 PM   #22

We bought a 2005 Holiday Rambler DP which had the big front TV. We then found a guy who's done a lot of custom RV interiors. We removed the couch behind the driver's seat and replace it with a 5-foot long, 3-foot tall entertainment center. I store all my electronic stuff in it, and even have a 47" TV which rises up out of the center for watching. We then removed the big ugly TV up front and replaced it with a small swing-down TV which we can watch when not on shore power. Those modifications cost around $3,000.

Bottom line: get the coach with the floor plan you like best, then spend a bit more and have it customized. I wouldn't get a coach with a so-so floor plan *just* to get rid of the up-front TV.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:32 AM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I guess I'm in the minority here. I like the TV up front and in the middle. It can be seen from anywhere in the living area slides in or out. We have a couch on one side and MY recliner on the other side so TV in the middle is a big deal (seen from both sides of MH). If I am sitting at the dinette my wife can walk outside and not obstruct the TV. Don't want two TVs in the living area.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:38 AM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
OmaOpa, we have a Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34, it doesn't have an upfront TV and we really liked that option. The three slides really open the living area up, and we use the free-standing dinette chairs to place looking straight ahead to the TV.

Happy Trails,
Old 02-22-2011, 08:14 PM   #25

What year is your Allegro?
Old 02-26-2011, 07:06 AM   #26

I purchased a 1997 safari and took out the tv above the driver and rebuilt it to a cabnet for a printer.
Took out the couch that was to small for a bed anyways and put a 32'' tv with a tv lift there and plenty of room for the tv boxes. We love it but the rig is a 2 person rig
no room for relatives)).
Old 02-26-2011, 07:18 AM   #27

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaopa View Post
We are leaning towards a gas unit. Most likely about 32-34 in length. However, at this time we are anxious to look at all possibilities. Will be going to the rv show here in Phoenix and will definitely look at Rexhalls.
Check the newer Four Wind Windsport models. They have a cabinet with flat screen behind passanger seat. Cabinet on an angle looking at the sofa.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:36 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
When we were looking for an 07 or 08 Sightseer by winnebago, several had the tv over the barrel chair which sits behind the passenger seat. We specifically were looking at the 35j floorplan which has bunks but you might find other sightseers in those years that did the same if you don't need bunks. We ADORE our floorplan!!!!. Also as stated above, it gives you more storage up front.

good luck!
michelle