Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
He's what I recommend. Go to rv.org , buy their product and read it all. Then go to the rating section and find the coaches that you think fit your needs and wants. Then go to oodle.com and put in what you're looking for. It searches all over the web and if you check the right boxes it will send you updates every day. Buying the rv.org product will be the best money you can spend on an rv. Good luck, happy hunting, and have fun.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2012, 11:35 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper9x9 View Post
He's what I recommend. Go to rv.org , buy their product and read it all. Then go to the rating section and find the coaches that you think fit your needs and wants. Then go to oodle.com and put in what you're looking for. It searches all over the web and if you check the right boxes it will send you updates every day. Buying the rv.org product will be the best money you can spend on an rv. Good luck, happy hunting, and have fun.
I will 2nd that motion.
There are those in this thread that say rv.org has not been to the factory etc. etc. but I also belive those same people have not used the data supplied by rv.org. to form their opinion.
When we began our search, we had NO idea what was good or bad. I bought the data base from rv.org and it did not take long to realize how much difference there are in these rigs and what to look for when I went shopping. Particularly for a used rig. Included in the reviews, you will find a brief history on the brand, where it came from and where it is today. That in itself was a big help knowing if the manufacturer was even still in business.
I'm not saying it is the only thing, but it is certainly an extremly good tool, along with your own common sense, as to what is worth looking at and what you should just plain walk away from. If you value your time at all, this data base will be money well spent to sort the steaks from the hamburger in short order. It's a $150 investment and worth every penny as far as I'm concerned.

rv.org helped me narrow my search to a Newmar. Mr. D, do you think I made the right choice?

Old 11-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #17

Reading this forum in all of the different categories will give you a wealth of information, honest opinions, and answers to almost all of your questions.
Everyone in this forum is extremely helpful and for the most part experienced with all of the information I have ever thought to ask for. You will notice that most are partial to brand and model of the one they own, but they are honest in their satisfaction with them. Believe me you will know if they don't like something, they are not bashful about telling the truth even if its bad! So dive in, read, research, ask questions, you can't find a better group of people to help you with anything you need, at no additional cost!!!!

Enjoy and welcome!
Old 11-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi Dan, Welcome to motorhoming. As someone who has owned Six motorhomes through his life, I'd like to comment on what makes me happy. I began with an Itasca Class C (made by Winnebago) and was very happy, so I purchased a second Itasca 10 years later. I kept that one for 14 years and finally traded it for a Gulfstream which I wasn't real pleased with. I sold that one and bought a couple of Fleetwood Diesels which I liked, but which were very difficult to get after-warranty service and parts for. I recently purchased an 06 Itasca Meridian that my wife and I just love. Besides being a perfect floorplan for us, it is so comforting to be back in a coach that you can trust. One that has detailed documentation and manuals that refer to YOUR coach, not just some generic gobbledegook that fits every motorhome that's on the road. The other thing is the parts and repair manuals that are available on the web at winnebagoind.com. I don't think I'll ever switch brands again. Hope this helps.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #19

The Fleetwood Fiesta is a very comfortable layout is is in your length range. They are easy to drive and are very comfortable and accomadating with lots of underbody storage. The one that I have had expierience driving has the Workhorse Chassis with the 8.1 GM engine. Very powerful.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:57 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Look at the front door and the basement doors. If they are heavy-duty and don't rattle when closed, then the rest of the rig is probably well built as well.

ruffian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome