Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-12-2015, 09:33 AM   #1
looking for Floor plan recommendations

Hello, Longtime lurker, seldom poster.

My wife and I are looking for a floor plan that we can live in and are having a difficult time. This weekend we looked at several used coaches and I didn't find one floor plan that I liked.

We are looking for large diesel coach most likely a tag. I prefer something a little older and higher end rather than newer and lower quality. We plan to full time. Stay in full service sites 80% of the time and do some boon docking in between. I don't necessarily need a full electric coach but do want hydronic heat and hot water. LP based hydronic systems are OK.

We looked at a 2008 Monaco Camelot that we loved 95 % of except of one thing that I see in almost every pre 2015 coach that I look at. The TV is in the center above the driver and passenger seat at 90 degrees from the couches.

I want the TV across or on a diagonal from the majority of the main seating.
How as I supposed to get home theater experience sitting at 90 degrees. killing zombies on my xbox will be near impossible. I am OK with front or mid kitchen. Bath and a half would be nice but not a must have. I prefer floor plans that define the separate living areas of the coach well. I really like some plans that have the half bath with an angled wall that hides the direct view to the bedroom and makes it fell like a small apartment. (Winnebago Tour 42HD I love the floor plan but Its a new plan for 2015 and I cant afford it)
My Target budget is about 150 to 175k max. If you know of a floor plan that meets my wants please share the model number and share what you like and don't like about your floor plan. what did you think you would like and ended up not liking .

Thanks in advance

zebrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2015, 09:57 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Have you considered purchasing the "95% correct" unit and modifying the interior to install a corner/side TV. There are companies/people out there that can do almost anything to modify/restore interiors with newer model features.

The savings on a well maintained older coach justify putting some money into "modernization".

My thoughts.

Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL
Toad: 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 10:18 AM   #3

There are lots of makes & models out there. It took us almost 18 months to find the right one. One thing that helped a lot besides hitting lots of dealers was going on places like RVTrader & Ebay and such ... and looked at as many different coaches as possible. We were pretty much stuck on Monaco/Holiday Rambler till we discovered Travel Supreme .... they had the floor plan we liked best ... then a matter of shopping for the best deal. We found ours on RVTrader .. a private seller ... and couldn't be happier ....
Take your time .... enjoy the adventure ... and don't forget to just sit down in the coach and imagine be stuck inside for 2 or 3 days due to weather ... you'll find the right one ........
There are units out there that have the TV on the right side with couches on the left ... generally up front with kitchens in the middle ... we preferred that due to weight distribution ...
Hal & Jackie .... 03 TS Select 45DS01
02 Haulmark 20' Edge .... 02 Corvette Rdstr

Our Blog
hal1phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 11:39 AM   #4
Country Coach Owners Club
If the TV location is the main problem why not plan on moving it?

Living in a MH is an exercise in compromise.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote