Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2018, 01:14 PM   #1

Looking for King Bed with bunkhouse???

Looking for class A RV - pref diesel but gas as well, which has a king size bed and bunkhouse that are no more than 38'. The only one's I've found are:

Renegade Valencia
Tiffin Open Road
Thor Hurricane 34J

Are there any others? We currently have a Thor Hurricane 32A, so the 34J is a nearly cost neutral move (once we sell our current RV) with a known commodity. Love the Tiffins but $$, and for the same $$ the Renegade Valencia seems more heavy duty and a diesel (my personal fave).

My wife and I go back and forth on how much of a financial burden we want to take on, but kids don't stay young forever so we want to take advantage while we still can.

Are there other mfg/models which have king size beds and a bunkhouse, under 38ft, from a mfg that could be safely recommended?? Didn't' think it would be that hard to find, but I always manage to surprise myself!!

Thank in advance to any help provided!!
velocity111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2018, 01:51 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If you don't mind looking used, check out the 2007+ Winnebago Sightseer / Itasca Sunova 35J models. ( I'm not sure when they phased out the model to move to the Vista/Vista LX Version, I think it was in the 2012-2013 timeframe but don't quote me on that). The two are "sibling" models similar to the old Ford/Mercury days, same coach/floorplan, just different badge on the front.

Bunkhouse for the kids and a king in the back for the parents. We've had ours for a couple years and the floorplan works really well for us.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:02 PM   #3

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:22 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Anytime! If you dig around on the resources tab of Winnie's website they have a LOT of information including the old brochures. Lots of pics, specs, floorplans etc.

We are a family of 4 and the floorplan has worked incredibly well for us. If you don't need the king bed, you might find more options out there, a friend has a 2011 Fleetwood Excursion in the bunk model, VERY nice rig.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:59 PM   #5

The Fleetwood 35E is on our shortlist, only thing holding us back is the queen bed. I don't mid settling on some things, but the only thing the wife is adamant about is a king bed, and if mamma ain't happy.......lol.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:47 PM   #6

2019 Entegra Reatta 39BH
2019 Fleetwood Discovery 38N
Both have Cummins, bunks and king bed!!
Old 09-05-2018, 08:03 PM   #7

The Fleetwood Terra in my signature line ticks those boxes.
GeorgeandTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:23 PM   #8

Just toured today Thor aria36’ and Thor Venetian 36 both hDo warhead bunks also both diesel
cln56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bunkhouse