Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2015, 07:21 PM   #1

Looking for Michelin RV Tire Dealer in or around Ocala, FL

Hi all!
Got a set of 22.5" Samson's on my 2008 Kountry Star 3910 put on by previous owner. Less than 5k miles on them do not like them. Want them gone!
I'm a FMCA member and want to take advantage of the Michelin discount. Does anyone have any recommendations based on your experiences with a Michelin dealer in the Ocala FL area?

Thanks in advance!!

Rickmc & Moski
2008 Newmar Kountry Star 3910, Caramel, Cummins 400 HP ISL

2021 Newmar Baystar 3226
rickmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2015, 08:15 PM   #2

I think Lazy Days in Seffner is a dealer, real nice campground there, huge facilcity much to do.

A bit of a ride from Ocala, but not bad if you stay over.

L.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:08 AM   #3

Looking for Michelin tire dealer in or around Ocala Fl.

Call Tom at TCI in Orlando 407 855 9111. Barry at Josams 407 438 7020 t o install them. Josam also does laser alignments if needed. TCI honors FMCA discount.
tranquility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 03:41 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

You can use the Michelin RV Tire dealer locator for that. You need a dealer who is in the Michelin Advantage programs and those are flagged in the dealer listing (see the legend on the locator page).

Dealer & Service Locator | Michelin RV Tires
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:27 PM   #5

We used Dan Callaghan Enterprises Inc. on Route 40, west of 75. The tire mechanics are great and I was very pleased with the install on my MH. However, the guy who runs the office was not very proactive in trying to locate our Michelin 22.5 tires. They do not seem to keep them in stock so they have to get them from another one of their locations. After several days of not getting any callbacks from him, I finally got hold of him only to be told that he couldn't locate any tires in the computer system at other stores. So I called the other locations (Jacksonville and Tampa) and located the tires I needed. Tampa's Office Mgr was very proactive to get those tires on a truck for delivery to Ocala. Ocala Mgr never called to say he had them and when you call, he is always out running errands. Overall, I would still recommend getting tires at this location because the mechanics are very hardworking and careful with my MH but just be forewarned on some mgmt issues.
rvpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Call Tom at TCI in Orlando 407 855 9111. Barry at Josams 407 438 7020 t o install them. Josam also does laser alignments if needed. TCI honors FMCA discount.
Barry at Josam is a character. Very good experience when I got my alignment done there. Believe it or not, Orlando Freightliner even recommended them.

Doesn't TCI install the tires?
Old 05-15-2015, 05:45 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

I got my Continentals at Callaghan in Ocala and got good price & service. I didn't realize they are in the Michelin Advantage program, though. Good to know.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:38 AM   #8
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmc View Post
Hi all!
Got a set of 22.5" Samson's on my 2008 Kountry Star 3910 put on by previous owner. Less than 5k miles on them do not like them. Want them gone!
I'm a FMCA member and want to take advantage of the Michelin discount. Does anyone have any recommendations based on your experiences with a Michelin dealer in the Ocala FL area?

Thanks in advance!!

Rickmc & Moski
Wildwood Tire in Wildwood, FL is about 20-30 min south of Ocala. I believe they are an authorized Michelin dealer, and therefore participate in the FMCA Michelin Advantage Program.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 06:33 PM   #9

Great responses! Thank you! I'm on it Monday!! Also need a reputable place to check and possibly replace Spartan chassis ball joints as rubber boot disintegrated on passenger side.

Thanks again!

Rickmc & Moski

2021 Newmar Baystar 3226
rickmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 05:32 AM   #10

American Coach Owners Club
As far as your ball joints, Josam's in Orlando is the place you want to go to. They did mine, not cheap but good.
Old 05-16-2015, 06:51 AM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
How about this...

1: If you have not already done so join FMCA (Assumes motor home)
(Mitchlin deal gets you a rather hefty rebate as I recall)

2: Make a call.. Mitchlin facility in SC can likely hook you to Sales and from there to your local dealer list. I mean go to the source and ask the horse they can tell you where to go. (I used to tell cops where to go after all...Still get paid for doing it, Yup not that is one good job ).

Not sure what city it is in but guessing you can get the number from
A: the web
B: 1-800-555-1212

Tags
dealer