Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2019, 11:57 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by anavycrna08 View Post
Hello everyone,
I've been lurking awhile now, this post caught my attention because we're in the same boat. However, we would like a 45' DP. I am considering the Entegra, Newmar and Foretravel brands, all used. But now the CC seems intriguing to me. Has anyone dealt with Premier RV and recommend them? We work in western Alaska, so will be traveling down south when not working (6mo/yr). I like the fact that Premier has a storage option. I'll be research CC's now. I welcome anyone wanting to help me spend the $ Year of coach is important as I want to finance our coach.
TIA,
RC
I know of a few people that have gotten coaches from Premier RV and also store there coach there. They are all high end coaches, I got mine from Country Coach on consignment next door to Premier before the went under.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2019, 05:59 PM   #100

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Hello everyone,
I've been lurking awhile now, this post caught my attention because we're in the same boat. However, we would like a 45' DP. I am considering the Entegra, Newmar and Foretravel brands, all used. But now the CC seems intriguing to me. Has anyone dealt with Premier RV and recommend them? We work in western Alaska, so will be traveling down south when not working (6mo/yr). I like the fact that Premier has a storage option. I'll be research CC's now. I welcome anyone wanting to help me spend the $ Year of coach is important as I want to finance our coach.
TIA,
RC
There is a lot of selection, great values and beautiful coaches in the 40-45' range. Youll be able to get a coach with 500-600hp and an Alison 4000 in a coach that size, and of course a tag, probably a jake, so easy pickins. If I wasn't stuck on somethng smaller Id already have one. And it would be a Country Coach. Ive looked at hundreds of coaches and Im sold on the brand at this point. Just an example from a brief glance at rvt :

https://www.rvt.com/Country-Coach-Ma...59807-UX128587

35k, Cat C12, under $100k. Amazing!
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:33 AM   #101

Quote:
Hello everyone,
TIA,
RC
We've had two Foretravel's and one Country Coach.

Our first FT had no slides and after traveling for some time, we wanted the extra room and went back to MotorHomes Of Texas to check out a FT with slides. A Country Coach Intrigue with 4 slides, caught my eye and after driving it, fell in love with it.

Traded in the FT for it and went on our way - by this time, we were full-timing. While the CC was very comfortable and beautiful, we had significant issues with the inverter overheating - had to be moved from it's location by the start batteries and a whole setup of fans to cool the "new" compartment. Though better, the problem never went away even having replaced the inverter. The most major of the problems was having to replace the radiator and boy was that expensive. The aluminum radiators had problem with their welds and leaking - not cooling. Even after having had the radiator replaced, we still had some issues overheating in the mountains.

And finally, seals around the slides.I had the original seals replaced because of leaking and still had problems - also issues with leaking seams. As with all the RV's we've had, I took very good care of them and performed regular maintenance... So, we traded the CC in after two years and got another Foretravel, this time a 36' with two slides.

I can't speak highly enough of Foretravels and of the factory shop or the shop at MotorHomes Of Texas - both located in Nacogdoches, TX. While we had some issues with our Foretravel (slide motor replaced, water pump replaced, microwave replaced), we had no other issues in two and a half years ownership. This has a Cummins 450 engine and has absolutely no problem in the mountains and with the transmission retarder and using gears, absolutely no problems with overheating.

All maintenance has been done annually at the factory and MotorHomes Of Texas...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 07:47 PM   #102

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
For a variety of reasons, Ive changed direction on my coach search, but if I were still in he market for the aforementioned shorter big-power high-quality DP it would be this one:

https://eugene.craigslist.org/rvs/d/...773698984.html

I cant say enough about the quality of the coach and the amazing condition. Granted it only has 30,000 miles, but Ive seen plenty with low milage that make me wonder. This one is immaculate, has detailed records, spares for every filter, and some nice quality improvements and upgrades (ie wet spline, brass radiator, Davis Cabinets desk, etc) showing a high level of craftsmanship, attention to detail, and high standards.

The price seems to be towards the high end for the year/model/age but the quality is outstanding. Id hate to pay less up front and then deal with high repair bills from defered maintenance. And it drives like a dream. If I was still in the market it would be in my driveway. But since Im not Im willing to reveal the add here. Enjoy!
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, diesel