Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2015, 08:32 PM   #1

Looking for towing information

Hi, so I recently bought a 91' Safari Serengeti. The previous(original owner) kept pristine records on this thing. However, I cannot for the life of me find how much weight this thing can pull. It's a gas motor(V10), 34ft class A, im not sure what other information may be helpful, this is our first RV, we bought on the cheap to try it out and see if RVing is something we may want to invest some serious time/cash in the future. The RV runs solid, everything works, engine seems strong but I've only driven it with it basically empty(no real load, no wind, no hills). Motor is all original so I doubt im getting the same HP as the last guy got in 91'..lol..thanks in advance for any information or references.
Fulling28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2015, 08:40 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Unlikely to be a gas V10 motor...

You 100% sure?

http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/1991...Tech-114552710

V10 wasn't around until 1997.
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:10 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The '91 34' Safari Serengeti's were available in gas and Diesel:
1991 Safari Price, 1991 Safari Values & 1991 Safari Specs | NADAguides
1991 Safari Serengeti Series M-3430 Walk-Thru Standard Equipment, Prices & Specs - NADAguides

The receiver hitch capacity will probably be the limiting factor. Typically, the older Triton V10 RV chassis have 18k-24k lb GVWR and 30k lb GCWR. The difference between these numbers is the simple towing allowance (assuming you are not over GVWR). These numbers should be posted on the RV...maybe inside a kitchen cabinet(?).

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:14 PM   #4

yep, 100% sure its a V8..lol...Just went and checked, guy told me it was a V10 and I was so busy checking all the other stuff I didn't even question it(my truck has a V10). I have warranty info and manuals for literally EVERYTHING in this rig, except for info like towing limits, or what engine it has, transmission, brake info?. I know it needs or is going to need brakes very soon, but I have no clue where to get this info. outside of RV forums, google has proven to be pretty useless thus far regarding this particular manufacturer. thank you for the quick response.
Fulling28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow, towing