Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-01-2013, 10:53 PM   #1
Looking Travel Supreme model

I've tried search and I know this particular model has been discussed on this site but I need help. Anyone know the model similar to the Travel Supreme me-dso2a? It's a mid-diesel with the stacked bdrms in back, king below & loft above with split singles or twins. Think they only made this particular lay out for 2-3 years so it's not common.

They had one for sale in Phoenix last year and I fell in love. Didn't get to see it in person but the add had lot's of pictures and from appearances the floor plan was as close to perfect as I've come across due to us having 9 yr old special needs boy.

Swing is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2013, 12:02 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Newmar made a similar floor plan as your description. Allstar is the line. Think 2007-2009 on a spartan chassis.

2013 Newmar 4347 DSDP * All Electric *HWH Active Air System * Upgraded Front Heater * Lots of tweaks and customizations - See Blogs

NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original), Kindness Matters
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #3
Thx redbaron73. I believe you have just given DW more proof that my memory is prone to illusion.

Found one (1) fire dmg for sale with pics, that's it but they didn't have a model # in the add. Anyone know that info for the Newmar Allstar ***?
Old 06-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #4

Spartan Chassis
Before I bought my 04 40DS04 Travel Supreme (which I love by the way) I ran across several of the mid engine models.. Just keep an eye peeled on the internet sites and they come up from time to time..
I have never seen one in person but is an interesting idea!
rhusak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:02 AM   #5
Found it. Newmar Allstar 3950. That designation covers 4or5 of the mid engine models with only one being the stacked brms but that get's me close enough to start serious searches for more info. If anyone knows the exact designation for the specific stacked brm model that would make things even easier since I keep running into the garage or front brm versions.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #6
Newmar Owners Club
Newmar has the brochures for their different model years available on line. The link below has the descriptions for the 2007 mid engine models - I assume you are looking for the "Loft" model.

cvbdsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:11 AM   #7
Tiffin Owners Club
Just to add a bit of information. Travel Supreme did offer the mid-engine chassis for a couple of years but I believe they only had it in a toy-hauler not as a 'family model'. As you updated, Newmar offered the floorplan you are describing. They had the 3950 and 3951 for 2007 and 2008 and then had the 4159 in 2009. Unfortunately they didn't sell very many of them (I've read they only build 3 4159s) so are a bit hard to find. Also depending on your requirements, they appear to have very limited exterior storage.

One complication if you are searching for one is that Newmar offered the 3950/3951 with or without the loft (not sure why they didn't just make it a different model number) so you have to filter them out manually. Also some sellers simply list them as 'All Star' or 'AllStar' some list is as 'loft' or 'family' model so you have to have a pretty broad search to find all of them.

Personally, I think it's a great floorplan and really wish other manufacturers would offer something similar. But, for us, it was a fairly high end coach so even used, the prices are quite high and I don't know if the storage available would be sufficient for our needs.

michelb is offline   Reply With Quote