Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2019, 04:37 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
People are crazy these days and you never know what to expect. I pulled up to a station while on my Harley, there was a vehicle at the pump but pulled up enough for me to get to the pump, no one in sight. I saw a receipt hanging out of the pump so I ASSUMED the person had already gotten gas. While trying to get gas, a guy with a BIG dog on a leash came out SCREAMING at me about "waiting my turn", etc. all the while coming towards me. I was polite at first and told him I thought he had already gotten fuel. He kept coming and screaming profanities so I hollered back "are you crazy?". [mod edit] I could have handled him but probably not him and a big dog too. I didn't want any confrontation but he didn't give me much choice. All he had to do was come out and just say he hadn't gotten gas yet, no problemo. I absolutely avoid confrontation if at all possible but like the Boy Scouts, "be prepared" is the better part of discretion.

Glad your incident didn't go south and any more harm done.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2019, 05:01 PM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
I raised four boys and always taught them to "think it through". Now as I get old and grumpy I am the one talking to myself i.e.. let it go, think it through. I totally get your reaction and hate to admit I may have reacted likewise. Take it from an old man though; think it through and let it go. Best of luck to you.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:06 PM   #17

And people wonder why I like driving electric and filling up at home while I sleep.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:10 PM   #18

Wow. Not worth it, I got nothing but time. You’re lucky your time didn’t expire.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:16 PM   #19

Imagine how some of the tractor trailer drivers must feel after a day of doing deliveries in a city.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:16 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
to answer the questions about my actions, could not back up with the trailer, loaded with a roll away tool box outside chairs ladder and car, i have been shot in the past ( 45acp in chest was wearing body armor) so not worried about it when i found the person in the van he said he was not getting gas just parks at the pumps i have been to anger management in the past after i was shot and was back on the job and this happened before braking the handle
Old 10-16-2019, 05:19 PM   #21

Dang
You folks certainly hang out in a different world than I do.

Sounds like a movie script.

Ive been on the road for many years and Ive seen a few people rushed or rude.

But I sit and watch until they clear out to do my thing.
Or I go to another pump, or another station.

I find most people to be very considerate and polite.

As I have said many times, we eat and fuel way away from large city's.

Like Upper Sandusky or Van Wert or Mansfield or Hocking hills Ohio.

Dry Ridge, Jamestown or Albany Kentucky as an example.

It does take Two to tango.
Back off and smell the gas fumes [emoji259][emoji258][emoji41]

If the pumps are full and there is a line because of a gas war ???
Stay away, saving a nickle a gallon brings out the ( Crazed ) Side of People.

I drive on by , and spend a Buck or two extra for a fill up to have peace and comfort.

Pushed them into car ?
Showed your gun?

Yelled?

None of that do I need.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:24 PM   #22

Not trying to be a smart Alec here, but if you’ve been to anger management in the past and you’re exhibiting this type of behavior and posting about it then it’s pretty evident to everyone it’s just a matter of time before a serious incident results with severe consequences for you. I’d highly recommend you seek some professional help to deal with your anger. I mean that in a kind way.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:32 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkathy View Post
to answer the questions about my actions, could not back up with the trailer, loaded with a roll away tool box outside chairs ladder and car, i have been shot in the past ( 45acp in chest was wearing body armor) so not worried about it when i found the person in the van he said he was not getting gas just parks at the pumps i have been to anger management in the past after i was shot and was back on the job and this happened before braking the handle
The guy may have been a jerk but you are extremely lucky he didn't call the police and file charges for assault and battery. Any time you lay hands on someone these days that is a risk.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:32 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny1 View Post
Not trying to be a smart Alec here, but if you’ve been to anger management in the past and you’re exhibiting this type of behavior and posting about it then it’s pretty evident to everyone it’s just a matter of time before a serious incident results with severe consequences for you. I’d highly recommend you seek some professional help to deal with your anger. I mean that in a kind way.
The other thing is, once you have any violent offence on your record your chance of ever crossing any border again are pretty much nill. Canada and Europe would be out for sure.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:32 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkathy View Post
So you’re either current or retired LEO or military, no other reason to be shot in the chest while wearing body armor. I’m sure you realize without that protection you would most likely be dead. And body armor doesn’t protect your head. Don’t get killed over gasoline or a parking space. If you can’t leave wait it out.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:11 PM   #26

Not being facetious - I don't think the anger management classes "stuck". I think you may be afflicted with PTSD as well, and there is therapy for that, too. Please consider additional professional medical attention. You don't need to go through the rest of your life like this.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:24 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar View Post
The other thing is, once you have any violent offence on your record your chance of ever crossing any border again are pretty much nill. Canada and Europe would be out for sure.
But you’re welcome America.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:36 PM   #28

We've become a country of pansies who won't stand up for themselves. I like the idea of some rude punk getting a beating.
Closed Thread