Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2019, 01:55 PM   #57

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good job straightening out some random idiot.

You sure are melting some "snowflakes" here though.

Nobody stands up for anything any more, good to see someone beside me fighting stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3600 View Post
We've become a country of pansies who won't stand up for themselves. I like the idea of some rude punk getting a beating.
This is funny
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2019, 01:56 PM   #58

Gas Stations........
Pumps for dispensing of fuel
Might have a bay or two for general repairs

Convenience Stores....
Have pumps for dispensing of fuel
BUT majority of revenue is from INSIDE the store...not at the pumps
If you go to/use a Convenience Store for fueling expect delays.....goes with the territory

Violence is so 'Caveman"......urgh, urgh, urgh
Being a MAN means knowing HOW to deal with an INCONVENIENCE w/o resorting to violence
Old 10-17-2019, 02:14 PM   #59

No wonder public perception of law enforcement is so terrible. Doing crap like that makes it difficult for those of us who were "good cops" . 32 years as LE and I bet you had many issues on the job! No wonder that you didn't last!
Old 10-17-2019, 08:21 PM   #60

Well, we certainly are a diverse group. One end of the spectrum on this topic to the other.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:44 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMac View Post
...and slammed him into his car...
This is called battery, a felony in most jurisdictions.

law

the crime or tort of unconsented physical contact with another person, even where the contact is not violent but merely menacing or offensive.

Your next vaca may come with unlimited sex.

As a former Leo, the OP should know this, but believes he can still get away with it.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:36 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWDJR. View Post
As a former Leo, the OP should know this, but believes he can still get away with it.

This is why I hope he can get an assessment regarding PTSD. Getting shot? Yeah, that's pretty traumatic.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:50 PM   #63

Ask any career law enforcement officer. Most have been beaten, bitten, hit with crow bars, baseball bats, stabbed, or shot. We go forward in a professional manner. We don't take it out on the next guy.
I agree the OP needs some help. Hopefully he will take it to heart and get some recovery and relief.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:38 AM   #64

Good for you. The prick needed to be taught a lesson. With that said I stay away from places that are busy or cramped when fueling.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:50 AM   #65

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby F View Post
I could be that other guy . . .

So I drive my truck and equipment trailer into the station because I need to buy various items. I total about 35 feet. There is no parking place open into which I can fit. I'm a paying customer.

So I park at a pump. It's the only suitable place. I go in and make my purchase. I go back out and there's an RV'er there who's royally PO'ed at me.

My point to him, as it would be to you, is this: I'm a paying customer. Either I drive on and am inconvenienced, or you are inconvenienced. I got there first. Why are you more important than I am?
Around here, the gas stations are where all the lawn crews eat breakfast in the morning. They park around the perimeter of the station. The bigger/better stations, namely QT and RaceTrac, can have 10+ trucks in there at any given time, but even the little ones will usually have at least a couple. Maneuvering can be tough, but it is still possible to get around.

Also, if you're 35 feet, you are probably blocking two pumps (or more). I'd answer your question with one of my own: Why are you twice as important as everyone else at that gas station?
Old 10-18-2019, 01:06 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamaniac View Post
Ask any career law enforcement officer. Most have been beaten, bitten, hit with crow bars, baseball bats, stabbed, or shot...
Any law enforcement officer? Even dog catchers and building code inspectors?
Old 10-18-2019, 01:35 PM   #67
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JpalmerCass View Post
Probably!
Old 10-18-2019, 01:43 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkathy View Post
so having a 39ft gasser with a 25ft long trailer makes forgetting gas a task and ahalf. 2 days ago we stopped for gas and had to wait in line behind a travel trailer and a van the van did not get gas just parked at the pump so i went in found the guy and made him move the van so the guy in front of me could get gas then came my turn as i finished and started to pull out a guy in a vw beattle parks not in a spot but right in font of me i blow my horn he flipped me off and i jumped out of the drivers door and slammed him into his car and made him move. not a good day people are rude
you can't make these things up! …… well maybe you can
Old 10-18-2019, 01:50 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by JpalmerCass View Post
Do you actually think they face the same danger every day?
Old 10-18-2019, 02:50 PM   #70
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Card View Post
1st mistake is it wasnt your property and your in public.

2nd mistake, you should have just followed him in and told mngr or clerk the issue, followed by a 911 call as someone is blocking means of egress at a gas pump.

After many yrs of training and CCW permit I have learned violence is the last resort. Never touch another person unless you are touched 1st...then your reaction had better be in eminent fear of your life and treat it as such.

I would reccomend you seek professional assistance...and I dont mean anger mngmt or phyco therapy. Seek some defensive training. You will gain far more control of yourself and how to handle bad situations.

Refresh your self with RoadHouse. Be the Cooler not the Bouncer in life.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, call 911 for a car at a gas pump?
Closed Thread