Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2019, 03:39 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourbustoo View Post
Assault and battery are a charge only on tv or the movies; it’s either assault or battery.
It's been awhile...

Assault is someone(s) swing a fist (or anything else) at your head and miss. Battery is if they don't miss.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2019, 03:42 PM   #86

I'd like to see you slam me into a car!!! You got an anger issue that you need to take care of!! Don't blame it on a bad day!!
Old 10-24-2019, 03:49 PM   #87

Quote:
Lost my cool
so having a 39ft gasser with a 25ft long trailer makes forgetting gas a task and ahalf. 2 days ago we stopped for gas and had to wait in line behind a travel trailer and a van the van did not get gas just parked at the pump so i went in found the guy and made him move the van so the guy in front of me could get gas then came my turn as i finished and started to pull out a guy in a vw beattle parks not in a spot but right in font of me i blow my horn he flipped me off and i jumped out of the drivers door and slammed him into his car and made him move. not a good day people are rude

OK - Now don't get PO'd at me ... was that Robert ot Kathy who posted the "Slam-in"?

Many a time in yesteryear I fought bare knuckles on the street... etc. Today jail time and/or law suite / or, getting guns a blazin is just too easy to come by. Learned to cool my jets!
Old 10-24-2019, 03:52 PM   #88

Lost cool

Sorry to hear about your incident.
Going RVing is fun. I try to allow abundant time to arrive on time. Just rennet you are not in a hurry. You will meet a lot of idiots.
Best thing is to forgive them. This helps to distress me so I won’t think about it all day and ruin my trip. Good luck
Old 10-24-2019, 03:54 PM   #89

Glad you avoided a trip to the ER.
Old 10-24-2019, 03:56 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantAB View Post
It's been awhile...

Assault is someone(s) swing a fist (or anything else) at your head and miss. Battery is if they don't miss.
Assault can be verbal as well. And yes, there is such a thing as "Assault and Battery." FYI. . . .

"The definition of assault varies by jurisdiction, but is generally defined as intentionally putting another person in reasonable apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact. Physical injury is not required.

Overview

In the context of assault, the victim's "apprehension" happens if the victim believes that the tortfeasor's conduct will result in imminent harmful or offensive contact unless it is prevented.

It is not necessary that the victim believes the conduct will be effective in making such contact, only that the victim believes the conduct is capable of making such contact.

Assault and Battery

In an act of physical violence by one person against another, "assault" is usually paired with battery. In an act of physical violence, assault refers to the act which causes the victim to apprehend imminent physical harm, while battery refers to the actual act causing the physical harm."
Old 10-24-2019, 03:57 PM   #91

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamaniac View Post
Assault and battery are absolutely no fun to get arrested for. Fines, mandatory jail time, and anger management classes makes biting your tongue the best move. That is considered road rage and fines and sentences are brutal!
But if you fear for your life, it’s legal in a court of law. As long as you can prove your case.
Old 10-24-2019, 04:10 PM   #92

And we wonder why people are rude. There are no ramifications. Many people here I believe will just surrender. Hide in their safe places.

And people want more laws.
Old 10-24-2019, 04:14 PM   #93

Why are you so special. If you had done that to me, you would have had to wait for the police to come and arrest you for assault.
Old 10-24-2019, 04:17 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Thompson View Post
But if you fear for your life, it’s legal in a court of law. As long as you can prove your case.
This is something that needs to be changed. I realize it is the case but it is way too subjective. The snowflake might fear for his life going outside but maybe no one scares the next guy. It shouldn't matter. What should matter is what the person does against you. I had a guy threaten my life very loudly a few years back and he caused such a commotion someone called the police. They wanted to know if I "feared for my life". The answer was no so they wouldn't do anything. Maybe the question should have been "Do you believe he meant it?" the answer would have been "absolutely". Why does he get away with what he did just because I wasn't scared? I think he mostly got away with it because he was a police officer. The police didn't even put his name on the report.
Old 10-24-2019, 04:29 PM   #95
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
This thread is closed due to the repeated discussion of firearms.
Multiple post removed.

Thanks to those that posted within the Community Rules.

Steve as Site Staff
Closed Thread