RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2019, 03:46 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Lost my cool

so having a 39ft gasser with a 25ft long trailer makes forgetting gas a task and ahalf. 2 days ago we stopped for gas and had to wait in line behind a travel trailer and a van the van did not get gas just parked at the pump so i went in found the guy and made him move the van so the guy in front of me could get gas then came my turn as i finished and started to pull out a guy in a vw beattle parks not in a spot but right in font of me i blow my horn he flipped me off and i jumped out of the drivers door and slammed him into his car and made him move. not a good day people are rude

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2019, 03:57 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
"slammed him into his car and made him move." and who's the lucky one? News Flash: RV owner shot at gas station by VW owner.
Why didn't you back up and go around him?

Old 10-16-2019, 03:59 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I understand how you feel, but these days that can get you killed very quickly!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
Old 10-16-2019, 04:01 PM   #4

That's a lot of trailer for a gas mh. What do you have in it.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:03 PM   #5

I understand your being _issed, but did you stop to think what might have happened had the jerk been armed? Good way to get a bad case of lead poisoning.
Delaware beaches ----- DW & Kip the Wonder Dog
Old 10-16-2019, 04:05 PM   #6

Robert, was this incident connected with your other post of breaking the handle off the washer/dryer?

Not a good day it seems. Keep the sense of humor!
Old 10-16-2019, 04:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkathy View Post
people are rude

And half of them are dumber than average. I've had days where it seems like I've met every one of them...
Old 10-16-2019, 04:12 PM   #8

Assault and battery are absolutely no fun to get arrested for. Fines, mandatory jail time, and anger management classes makes biting your tongue the best move. That is considered road rage and fines and sentences are brutal!
Old 10-16-2019, 04:13 PM   #9

I think I'll file this with the other reasons to flat tow.

I also hope that once I retire I'll be able to remind myself that I have the advantage. I have my home with me. Car blocking me......who cares I'll just make a sandwich and watch T.V.

Retire 2020 GLW
Old 10-16-2019, 04:16 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkathy View Post
so having a 39ft gasser with a 25ft long trailer makes forgetting gas a task and ahalf. 2 days ago we stopped for gas and had to wait in line behind a travel trailer and a van the van did not get gas just parked at the pump so i went in found the guy and made him move the van so the guy in front of me could get gas then came my turn as i finished and started to pull out a guy in a vw beattle parks not in a spot but right in font of me i blow my horn he flipped me off and i jumped out of the drivers door and slammed him into his car and made him move. not a good day people are rude

People are rude, blocking pumps while they go in store shopping. On the other hand sounds like you had a lucky day not getting your brains blown out. Some people just need a reason and that was it.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:27 PM   #11

I had an incidence when I started riding a motorcycle. A woman stopped in the inside lane and decided to do a U-turn. It didn't feel right so I just stopped behind her and waited. She was being dangerous so I followed her and pulled beside her in the Doctors office.
I eventually pulled my phone out of my pocket to record her license, etc.....

When I got to this part of the story when telling my co-workers one of them said his wife would have thought I was going for my gun and probably shot me. This changed my thinking in the car and on my motorcycle. I just look at my road time as a video game now where people are trying to kill or hurt me. It works for me and I'm no longer emotion on the road. It's no longer personal when things happen.

Retire 2020 GLW
Old 10-16-2019, 05:02 PM   #12

WHY did you post YOUR reaction on a Social Media platform??

Incident and your response happened 2 days ago.........plenty of time to rethink what you did and NOT want to spread it around.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:22 PM   #13

Sounds like a serious need for anger management classes.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:35 PM   #14

customer going into the store to buy things and give the cashier cash to prepay gas and pump it when he comes out?
i almost think i'm the only person who uses a credit card at my local station. i often stand behind 4-5 people who want a pack of smokes, lottery ticket and $5 in gas from the cashier or even just gas. when i pump my gas using my credit card and then walk into the store instead of moving the car because all the parking spaces are full i get the stink eye and rarely someone confronts me.
the locals assume i paid cash in the store like they will do so i must be done.
[moderator edit] are people going into a gas station and waiting in line to pay cash to have the pump prepaid unless you are so poor you don't have a credit or debit card they take and use it at the pump and if gas is all they want are done in 1/3 the time..

retired yankee born here living in the deep south with a accent that people ask if i was born in russia, scotland, or ireland.

Closed Thread