Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaddinmad40 View Post
Sorry 336muffin I actually did think you were joking.

Well now that was solved maybe try one more. This is the last mystery switch on my rig and will probably have to run down the line to see where it goes.

But thought I'd check with group to see if anybody else is familiar with this and knows what it is for. Not sure if its from the manufacturer or an add on. It is in my wet bay near the electric water pump. It looks like it is currently disconnected but if it is useful I should probably get it figured out one way or the other
What does it say on the little electric thing bolted on the wall right under it. I see a 12v inline fuse holder near it ?

2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
calhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #16

I agree, add on switch for a Hot Rod. Electric water element.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaddinmad40 View Post
Sorry 336muffin I actually did think you were joking.

Well now that was solved maybe try one more. This is the last mystery switch on my rig and will probably have to run down the line to see where it goes.

But thought I'd check with group to see if anybody else is familiar with this and knows what it is for. Not sure if its from the manufacturer or an add on. It is in my wet bay near the electric water pump. It looks like it is currently disconnected but if it is useful I should probably get it figured out one way or the other
Simple, that makes your rig a time machine. Its the flux capacitor.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #18

Freightliner Owners Club
It may well be the flux capacitor instigation switch. Probably should not bring it up again. It saved us from the end of the world when the Mayan calendar ran out.
Flux Capacitor
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:10 PM   #19

I wondered if it might be a flux capacitor but am having trouble getting it up to 88mph so I couldn't tell if it was working. LOL

I think it is 12V and the fuse is missing out of the holder and one of the wires is disconnected. There is some writing in felt near there but it faintly says "float". I was hoping it was maybe something to charge the chassis battery as that is currently not happening.

The brown box with label is separate and I think is hooked to the water pump. But maybe I'll take a closer look tomorrow and maybe crawl under and chase the wires this weekend. Supposed to getting beautiful weather here this weekend

Thanks for all the replies so far
Getting a kick out of some of the "guesses"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2789715586.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	389.8 KB
ID:	34148  
Old 02-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #20

The gizmos on the bumper...
We had team banners that flew on poles. We trolled the driveins with my old ford.
So, flag pole holders?

The switch....
I had red beehive lights in the fender wells and under the dash of that same ford. A 55 Ford Custom, BTW. Had a glow that made older folks wonders about me, but my girl friends liked them!
So, check the wheel wells?

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:20 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
The writing on the wall says...Flo Jet 20 amp
Old 03-01-2013, 07:06 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
That is a macerator pump the PO probably had installed or a portable one that he removed when he got rid of the MH.
Yoda2405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #23

^^^^ Ding ding, we have a winner! I have one but I wired it a bit more neatly.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #24

Thanks for all the replies. I guess that's what it was for.

Had a chance to pull it apart today and it is not hooked up to anything currently. Found 12V power is alive before the switch so I guess I'll have the opportunity to hook up something else there. I did chase the wire to the front of the rig but lost it in the maze there. I am wondering if it is Hooked to the chassis or house batteries. My chassis battery does not seem to be charging off shore power so I was thinking of hooking up a charger there.

Oh well. Probably wait for nicer weather to tear into the battery situation. I did pull them and add water and cleaned terminals when I got it last year but will probably want get them tested and maybe clean all the grounding points and maybe add new battery clamps ( maybe some with a cut off switch ). Also want to rig up some way to get the grill out. Seems to be riveted into the plastic from behind. It is extreme PIA to access them from the fold down hood where as if the grill was out they would be perfectly exposed. Who was in charge of this design plan????

Another project to add to inexhaustible
list.

Guess I must love the lifestyle!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-109435092.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	380.1 KB
ID:	34263