Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2013, 09:20 PM   #1

Love playing the "what is this game"

So I thought I would make a submission. These brackets came with my Bounder from a PO ( can't imagine they would be stock).
I know it must be for a bike rack or something but obviously I am missing some other pieces that might go with it.
So far the only use for them that I have found is hooking the gas hose over them when I am filling ( gas cap under the license plate ).
If anybody recognizes these or knows what they are for or what brand of accessory might fit on there I'd be interested to here

Thanks for any replies
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3184435210.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	475.9 KB
ID:	34117   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2973879095.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	465.5 KB
ID:	34118  

Name:	image-3619424784.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	410.6 KB
ID:	34119  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2013, 09:25 PM   #2

Looks like one of those fancy clothesline things I've seen(ya can't hide money).
Old 02-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #3

Haha. Clothes might get a little dirty dragging back there.

Just had another thought, they wouldn't have anything to do with a toad, would they. They are very solid steel and bolted right to metal bumper. PO had a toad as attested by the burnt in image on my B+W back up monitor.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:32 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Easy. Receiver hitch bike racks often have bars at the bottom of the rack to prevent the bikes from swinging into the vehicle. Looks like these are bolted on, maybe because of geometry differences between the back of an auto/pickup and moor home.

Or it's to dry rugs.
Kevin123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:00 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Receiver hitch cargo rack stabilizer. Saw a unit with one and the bumper mounted hookups looked similar to what you have.

My old C Class was built in Lethbridge in 1977.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:04 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Those are the mounting pieces for a portable clothes line. I had one on a previous RV. Great for beach towels. A square tube with holes in it extends from each piece and a line runs between the holes.
http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys...0/product.html
Teachrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:38 AM   #7

Told ya!
Old 02-28-2013, 05:51 AM   #8

My vote is for the clothes line. I have one on the back of my A as well but is a little different in that the bars are removable like a hitch and receiver. Never used it yet but hope to this summer.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:19 AM   #9

OMG!!! I never would have guessed that was what it was. Once you see the picture it all makes sense.

Maybe I'll look into getting one to hang all our muddy gear on

Thanks for all the replies
Old 02-28-2013, 08:33 AM   #10

Sorry 336muffin I actually did think you were joking.

Well now that was solved maybe try one more. This is the last mystery switch on my rig and will probably have to run down the line to see where it goes.

But thought I'd check with group to see if anybody else is familiar with this and knows what it is for. Not sure if its from the manufacturer or an add on. It is in my wet bay near the electric water pump. It looks like it is currently disconnected but if it is useful I should probably get it figured out one way or the other
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2754353393.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	389.8 KB
ID:	34130  
Old 02-28-2013, 10:25 AM   #11

I have a switch like that too. Mine is for an aftermarket electric water heat probe that goes in the hot water tank at the drain.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
If it is wired for 12V it may have been for an add on macerator pump since it is in the wet bay. If it is 120V then the add on water heater hot rod would be a good guess especially if your water heater is nearby.
Can you trace the wiring and determine where it originated or ends?
Good Luck,
David
Yoda2405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #13

Thor Owners Club
I think I saw this on a Chevy Chase movie...turn it on and watch the neighbors front porch light to see if it comes on.
MacQude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaddinmad40 View Post
Sorry 336muffin I actually did think you were joking.

Well now that was solved maybe try one more. This is the last mystery switch on my rig and will probably have to run down the line to see where it goes.

But thought I'd check with group to see if anybody else is familiar with this and knows what it is for. Not sure if its from the manufacturer or an add on. It is in my wet bay near the electric water pump. It looks like it is currently disconnected but if it is useful I should probably get it figured out one way or the other
Certainly looks like an add on and not factory. Was most likely for 120v and not 12v so leaves out the obvious light. But maybe it was a cut off switch for the water pump which I know its 12v .
It would be interesting to see what wires are attached inside if any. The gage wire might tell you more.