Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2014, 11:44 AM   #15

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had a similar problem, turned out to be a bad "mixer" valve on the back of the hot water heater.easy to replace but had to take hot water out to replace valve.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2014, 02:14 PM   #16

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Let me guess: YOU are using a pressure regulator on the city side (GOOD you should)

let me guess some more

Regulators come in several types

The first two are the standard and "High Flow" Models these are usually cylinders, about 3/4 inch in diamater by around 4" long, male connector (part of body) on one end, Female (likewise) on the other, "High Flow" model has a bright colored plastic grip on the female end, May be brass or plastic Camco's high Flow has wings instead of the bright grip.

These are indeed regulators, good for the ice maker perhaps but not much more. The passages the water flows through is way way too small for anything resembling full flow at the kitchen sink and forget a shower.

I give the basic one about a 2 on a scale of 10 perhaps a 3 or 4 for the High Flow.

Next up is the Sur-Flow.. Standard (part of the inlet) on many coaches this one I give this one an 8 or 9 when new.. Sadly as it ages it goes 7,6,5,4 But you can rebuilt it and restore it to proper operation.

Next come an assortement.
Valterra Adjustable: I have never tested so can not testify but others give it good reviews

Watts and Zurin (These are sold as plumbing supply in Lowes, home Depot, Joe's Plumbing Supply, and so on) Mine were 3/4 inch the last one I got I told them 3/4 or 1/2, 3/4 was less expensive (Economy of scale, they make and sell more)

Again when new they work very well.. in fact when I hooked up my Zurin for the first time I Set it to 50 PSI, Static then I opened the outside shower full on and watched the needle.. Act like it was glued in place.. Stuck on 50 PSI.. Full pressure full flow Showers are great.

The watts it replaced needs a rebulit it will drop to around 25 PSI, after 9 years and some abuse.

I do plan on rebuilding it when I find the kit.

Old 10-18-2014, 03:13 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I found that there is a small filter/ restricter in the hose for the sink take off the hose and look at both ends. the shower has the same type hose in my rv.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:27 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
If it starts out good and slows, the problem is a constriction in a line or a clogged filter. You have pressure, but not enough volume is getting through.

You said you cleaned the faucet valves, but what about the debris screens on the faucet spout? They are a common source of low flow problems.
My motorhome is only a year old and had a similar problem. I soaked the debris screen on the faucet spout in vinegar and it made a huge improvement.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:38 AM   #19

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The problem is not in or near the Sink, if it were the sink then the flow would start slow AND the problem would exist no matter which supply you were using (House tank pumped or city water) the problem is in/near the city water inlet.

The inlet filter screen is possible

And as noted above if you are using a regulator.

HERE is what is happening:

When the system is static pressure builds to the regulator setting or to the water pressure... In the water heater is a "Air Cushion" (normal) that is the top of the tank is full of air, air compresses.

When you first open the valve this air provides full, normal, pressure for the system, but the park can not re-supply you fast enough to MAINTAIN that pressure due to the obstruction/restriction in the inlet

This can be a regulator, a filter or a dirty inlet screen (I forgot filters in the earlier post)

Small micron filters also restrict flow.

So the flow slows as the air cushion in the water heater looses pressure.

Fix the obstruction (Clean screen, better filter, Better regulator) and you solve the problem.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:50 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Low or Slow Water Pressure

Many people have responded but we are still experiencing low water pressure issues. We have a 2002 Monaco Signature supreme. Excellent condition. We have done the following things to check for the water problem.

Replaced Swan diverter valve
cleaned all screens
replaced filters
looked for restricted hose
new pressure reducer valve, actually we have two new ones.

all seem to be fine.

We get this problem only on the city water side and at all faucets including shower. It starts out strong than tapers off to very low flow. The city water is a 60 pounds.

Any suggestions would be helpful. It is very upsetting.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:06 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texstr View Post
Many people have responded but we are still experiencing low water pressure issues. We have a 2002 Monaco Signature supreme. Excellent condition. We have done the following things to check for the water problem.

Replaced Swan diverter valve
cleaned all screens
replaced filters
looked for restricted hose
new pressure reducer valve, actually we have two new ones.

all seem to be fine.

We get this problem only on the city water side and at all faucets including shower. It starts out strong than tapers off to very low flow. The city water is a 60 pounds.

Any suggestions would be helpful. It is very upsetting.

Take the pressure reducer out of the system & test. 60 psi won't hurt your plumbing. You didn't mention the check valve close to the shore water input. If you have a hose reel it will be close to the output side of the reel. It's most likely a cheap plastic one & is a high failure item. There is some flow restriction between the hose bib and the filter head that is restricting volume.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07

Steve Ownby is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
water