Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #15

I am thinking it is a kinked water line when coach was built.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maladjusted View Post

Yes... and I have removed the filter from the housing. There is a red button on top of the housing... not sure what that does.
The red button is to remove any trapped air inside the filter housing.

You still haven't answered the question whether ALL faucets act the same as the shower or is it JUST the shower?

Dr4Film ----- Richard

Old 07-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #17

I can try turning the pump on with the canister and filter off.

I'll try tonight. I am thinking the same thing Greg... (kinked line somewhere).

I am going to try the easy... pulling the panel if able, and see what I can see behind the panel... if not.. I'll just do the run and let the Dealer pull it apart.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Mal
Maladjusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #18

Keith, I see you have a new Coach. Check the strainers on the faucets in the outlet(where the water comes out). During the build open lines catch debris and I have seen debris build up at these and restrict the flow, good luck.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #19

New Horizons Owners Club
I believe the red button is a pressure relief valve used when you are preparing to change the filter.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:52 PM   #20

Every filter with a button on top to show when a filter is clogged. The button pops up.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:45 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
The red button is to remove any trapped air inside the filter housing.

You still haven't answered the question whether ALL faucets act the same as the shower or is it JUST the shower?

Dr4Film ----- Richard
There is low pressure (flow) at every outlet. The kitchen sink and bathroom sink have flow, but due to the fact that the outlets point straight down, you don't notice the lack of flow as much.

The shower... because it is angled up to spray out... only the top holes spray out.. the bottom half of the spray head holes just dribble down.

I hope that makes sense.

Mal
Old 07-10-2013, 08:07 AM   #22

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Thanks Gary... I actually did cross post this over at the Forest River - Coachmen Motorized forum.

I use a Valterra water pressure regulator with gauge, but even without the guage the water coming out of the shower is dismal.

The cold water is slightly better, but I wouldn't call it acceptable either.

I can't see it being scale buildup at the Girard On-Demand.. as the Coach is only 5 months old.

Thanks all, for the suggestions... if I can't figure it out.. I'll drive it up to New Jersey for a visit to Dylan's.

Mal
My MH had a Valterra regulator built into the city water inlet. I removed it and upon disassembly found it only had a 3/16" hole in the middle of the regulator. I replaced it with a new inlet with a check valve( you have to have a check valve) and got a whole house regulator and filter made for 3/4" pipe and hose bib fitings from Lowes. I set the presure at 55# and now my shower is just like at home.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed racer View Post
My MH had a Valterra regulator built into the city water inlet. I removed it and upon disassembly found it only had a 3/16" hole in the middle of the regulator. I replaced it with a new inlet with a check valve( you have to have a check valve) and got a whole house regulator and filter made for 3/4" pipe and hose bib fitings from Lowes. I set the presure at 55# and now my shower is just like at home.
Yes I great way to fix. But we had problems with swelled hoses from bib to MH so we made one to screw onto the hose bib at CG.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #24

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregOk80 View Post
Yes I great way to fix. But we had problems with swelled hoses from bib to MH so we made one to screw onto the hose bib at CG.
Yes this is what I have. The valterra reg was the city water inlet so in order to remove it I had to replace it with a new city water inlet with a check valve to keep the water pump from pumping out of this connection when in use.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
New motor home I would not take anything apart. If it is a kinked hose they might blame you for it. I would just make the apointment and let them fix it.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #26

Send a message via Skype™ to needlenoses
I am having the same issue with my 2010 Damon Challenger, so I will be watching this thread closely. With or with out a regulator of any kind, same issue.

I have not located an internal filter on the unit, and I have a home built with home type regulator. I bypass my system while trouble shooting.

Same for me when just on pump.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:47 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

There is low pressure (flow) at every outlet. The kitchen sink and bathroom sink have flow, but due to the fact that the outlets point straight down, you don't notice the lack of flow as much.

The shower... because it is angled up to spray out... only the top holes spray out.. the bottom half of the spray head holes just dribble down.

I hope that makes sense.

Mal

Since everything is affected in your coach either with city water or on-board water pump, you have a fundamental delivery problem.

I would start at the city water input location and test water flow where you can take apart connections to see if the flow is the same coming out of the water supply hose you hooked up to the coach. When you find the flow reduced, you have narrowed down the location of the problem.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 07-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
Since everything is affected in your coach either with city water or on-board water pump, you have a fundamental delivery problem.

I would start at the city water input location and test water flow where you can take apart connections to see if the flow is the same coming out of the water supply hose you hooked up to the coach. When you find the flow reduced, you have narrowed down the location of the problem.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
While this approach is sound in theory.. the water lines route over the tanks behind the plumbing termination panel, making diagnoses impossible without significant dissassembly of the coach.

I am going to take Gemini5362's advice and allow a dealer to diagnose and repair. I have a few other issues that need to be addressed by a dealer as well.

I did order a High Pressure Shower Head to see if that will assist, at least at the shower.

The shower is where I am having the biggest issue, due to the fact that the outlet is angled upward instead of straight down like the sink faucets.

I will continue to update this thread as I make improvements.

Mal

Tags
water