Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2018, 07:52 PM   #1

Low water pressure

I have a 2014 Tiffin Allegro red. Low water pressure in entire coach. I have taken pressure regulator off hose, replaced water filter. Under bathroom sink at the main water manifold is a valve labeled lake view rv supply, model 1000. I am wondering what this is for, and could it be causing my problems. Thanks in advance.
Jshemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2018, 08:15 PM   #2

Have you checked the strainer screening the fresh water input? Next question is this problem also present when using the on-board water and pump?

I almost forgot, Welcome to the forum!
Old 11-03-2018, 08:29 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum.

I believe the "lake view rv supply, model 1000" is the anti-siphon check valve for your blank tank flush system. I don't think that is your issue.

Is the problem present both on city water and when using the pump and water from your holding tank?
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:33 PM   #4

Also, do you have a spurt of good pressure at first and then gets weaker and then stays constant?
Old 11-03-2018, 10:01 PM   #5

Plugged aerators on the faucets?

When you say low water pressure everywhere - you mean the faucets, the shower, the outside shower in the wet bay and the toilet?
Domo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 08:59 AM   #6

Low water pressure

Yes, on city water it starts to come out fairly strong then goes down to a trickle. If we put the water pump on it is much better. This is how we shower, using both.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:01 AM   #7

All have low pressure.
Old 11-04-2018, 12:57 PM   #8

Low water pressure

Have you checked to ensure your outside hot and cold are off, your outside shower / sprayer?
Peegee5344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 02:07 PM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Is this a new problem or has it been that way since you got the RV?

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 10:57 PM   #10

If your strainer isn't clogged and the fresh water connection is on the slide side, get under the cabinet and make sure that the water line isn't crimping when the slide extends, or has managed to get in a bind on it's own. I've already replaced mine with the stainless lines just because.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:08 AM   #11

Low water pressure

This problem showed up after about two years of using the coach. Like I have said, I washed the inside of the hot water tank twice a year, sanitized the fresh tank twice a year , replaced the anode rod and water filter twice a year. I have tried it without the pressure regulator, to no avail. I am wondering about the fill port where the water hose goes in, that has an anti-siphon valve in it. If that could be restricting the flow.? I am running out of thoughts on this.
I appreciate everybody taking time to try and help.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:14 AM   #12

Check the screen in the fitting where you attach the water hose.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:14 AM   #13

My Pex inlet line was to long and the installer just kinked it and let it go that way. Really messed with the pressure until I used a mirror to look up and found it. Cut it out and problem fixed.
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:59 PM   #14

A friend had trouble with his power washer - some pressure then it would die off. He was ready to rebuilt the pump.

I wanted to check his supply hose. When I removed it from the power washer there was a frog stuck inside...

I'm hoping you've check for full flow out of the hose...

just one good reason to always store your hoses with the male and female connected together...
Domo is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pressure