Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2018, 06:49 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Low water pressure when using city water

When running straight city water into our 2005 Beaver coach we have low pressure at all faucets.
Our friends had noticeably higher volume of water , one had a regulator and told me they had 60psi. Does anyone know why we would see so much less water when running city water? We literally have to run the pump also to get enough pressure to take a shower. Was wondering if there is a regulator somewhere to increase the pressure?

Any thoughts?
Brad
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2018, 07:47 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Sounds like your water filter needs replacing.
IggyTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:16 PM   #3

If you haven't checked the screens in your faucet, you may find that there's some mineral build-up. That was the case in my situation. PO spent 6 months every year in Arizona where water is hard.
Roadfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:23 PM   #4

Yeah, check your water filter. Ours was getting low a month or so back but the filter looked okay. Last week, the pressure was so pitiful that I took the filter out. What a difference. Went to Home Depot and bought some new ones. Like night and day.
Old 07-15-2018, 09:59 PM   #5

Disconnect hose from city water connection
Inspect the 'screen washer' in the connection'

IS it clogged ?
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 01:53 PM   #6

Check for a kink in the line from the hose connection, found one in mine, delivered that way from the factory
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 01:57 PM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Brad have you figured it out yet?
IggyTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:08 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by IggyTech View Post
Brad have you figured it out yet?
I will be taking the coach out this Thursday , I will hopefully resolve the issue using the suggestions from everyone. When I return I can report on what I found then.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:23 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
My 04 Signature had the same problem and I checked the "check valve" installed just after the hose reel. There was a small seed or something like that stuck in the check valve. It still allowed "some" water to pass. Mine had screw connections on each side of the check valve, just removed valve and got the obstruction out. Great pressure now. The check valve is there to stop your pump pressure from coming out the hose end when not on city water pressure.

Good Luck
Dave
Old 07-18-2018, 06:39 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradvoorhees View Post
When running straight city water into our 2005 Beaver coach we have low pressure at all faucets.
Brad
Do you have a built in pressure regulator? -my 2005 Beaver has this (photo below).
Check the setting (or if valve is bad). This pressure regulator is only for the incoming City water.

If the water pressure is okay when running on Fresh Water Tank (using Water Pump) then that would indicate the faucet screens are not blocked.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Water pump compartment.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	331.8 KB
ID:	211395  
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:59 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks Mike, your diagram of the water panel is very helpful. Sorry to say that I was having to much of a great time to trouble shoot on our trip. I have now made a copy of your helpful diagram and will now work on a solution before next outing. Thanks for taking the time to make this print out with labeling.
Brad
Old 07-25-2018, 03:14 PM   #12

Our last trip which ended yesterday. Wife said water pressure is low after connecting to city water. Then remembered to turn the valve 45 degrees to city water.
diesel odor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pressure