Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2015, 07:24 AM   #1

LP Gas EXTENTION

I would like to connect my LP on my gulf stream to my gas grill ,but my LP tank is on the back side of my coach and I would like to use my grill on the other side. any ideas? Thank's
franks5girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2015, 07:32 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by franks5girls View Post
I would like to connect my LP on my gulf stream to my gas grill ,but my LP tank is on the back side of my coach and I would like to use my grill on the other side. any ideas? Thank's
A long hose?
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:22 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Most propane distributors, (not refill stations) can make up a long hose with proper quick connect and shut-off ball valve to suit your needs .good luck..
Old 10-21-2015, 08:42 AM   #4

I've seen posts on both sides of this issue - tapping in either upstream or downstream of the rig's propane regulator. Problems were found with both hook-ups.

With the downstream T-connection, some folks found that the flow rate to the grill was too low for the regulator to control pressure. One post said the lowest temperature he could get on the grill was about 650F.

With the upstream T, people had problems with a long high-pressure hose running along the ground. The hose got damaged with people stepping on it or the CG mower cutting it.

Since we had a Weber Q220 grill and used it on the CG picnic table, I decided to use a tank for the propane. I bought a "squatty" 10-pound-capacity tank which had the same base ring as a 20-pounder. I got a "Base Stabilizer Ring" from Camping World and bolted it to the floor of a storage bin. It was fairly easy to lift the tank out, particularly if not completely full and the ring held it well enough that it didn't need any additional restraint during travel.

The base ring went with the RV when we sold it. but we kept the tank for home use.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:10 PM   #5

Propane

Get a licensed gas fitter to run 1/2" black pipe after propane regulator to the other side of coach and leave a connection where you need it.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:19 PM   #6

Different BBQs require different propane supply pressure, so it's important to know your BBQ's requirements before you start.
Does your BBQ operate off the 1 lb green bottles?
Old 10-22-2015, 04:56 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have a long hose with a quick connect fitting. you need to plumb in before the regulator. You cannot run the gas from one regulator into another regulator. You will not have enough pressure to activate the second regulator.
Ron D
rdelcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 05:29 PM   #8

I read someplace about something called a Sturgi-stay? A t-valve that fits in after the regulator on your tank. You can use the T both for a grill and it works to allow other sources to supply LP to your rig for when your main LP tank runs out.
WhatsHisName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:58 PM   #9

Similarities in post in another thread happening here.
WhatsHisName is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas