Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2012, 11:53 PM   #1

Luggage Lights

Hi all, I have a 2002 Fleetwood Bounder and the luggage lights don't work. The fuse is fine, however there is no voltage at the switch terminals. Does anyone have any ideas how to trouble shoot this?

Note: There is 12VDC at the fuse terminal and a blue wire leaves the terminal. There is no blue wire at the switch, so I assume there must be a junction box in between.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2012, 06:35 AM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
You didnt say if the bounder is new to you. My Bounder has a master switch inside controlling the luggage lights. Does yours and could it be the problem?

Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:11 AM   #3
AGP

Monaco Owners Club
Try turning the ignition key to the accessories position.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #4

I have the same problem in my 2005 Fleetwood Pace Arrow. All of the fuses are good and all switches are on. They worked fine until about 4 weeks ago.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:21 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbounder
You didnt say if the bounder is new to you. My Bounder has a master switch inside controlling the luggage lights. Does yours and could it be the problem?
Yes the Bounder is new to me and I'm aware of the master switch. That's the switch that has no voltage. At first, I figured it was a defective master switch, so I bought a new switch then tested the wires to the switch and 0 VDC on all the wires. Things that make you go hummmmmm!
Old 06-14-2012, 09:49 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
is there power to the fuse? is there power after the fuse? Visual testing may not be enuf!
Old 06-14-2012, 10:57 AM   #7

Yes, there 's power at the fuse. Checked it with my meter. Tried it with the ignition key on as well and nothing. There must be a junction box somewhere, but where??
Old 06-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brez
Yes, there 's power at the fuse. Checked it with my meter. Tried it with the ignition key on as well and nothing. There must be a junction box somewhere, but where??
I checked the same thing on mine and I have power at the fuse, but nothing at the switch. I hope I don't have a broken wire somewhere between the fuse holder and my switch.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:53 PM   #9

I reopen this old thread simply to give relevant information. I did some searches last month and could not find anything useful. So I will leave the information here for future reference.

The Utility Light switch receive +12V from a white wire. Actually on my switch it is the first white wire of the switch in the middle of three wires. Test it with a voltmeter.

This white wire goes directly into the BCC Battery Control Center on the connector P6. So this wire is not part of a harness but is alone. The J6 connector is just below the Luggage Lt fuse F14. So if you see the fuse, the connector is under it at 1/4 inch with a white wire on it. If you have no power to the switch and the fuse is good, then simply change of fix this wire.

On this picture you see on top left corner a pink fuse which is F14. The connector P6 is just below.