Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #1

m/h remodel

We have had our 2006 hr endeavor for over 4 months now and we need a remodel. I think it will be less expensive than looking for a newer unit. we are fulltimers. We would like to put down vinyl plank flooring, new tv's, new valances and shades, etc. We will be wintering in ft. pierce fl and would like to know if anyone knows if this work can be done while we are living in it. We can't do the work ourselves so we have to get it done professionally. Does anyone know where we can get this done, I got one estimate just for the flooring and that was well over $7,000. I don't want to be ripped off, just pay the right amount. Thanks for all your help, we will be seeing y'all at the rally.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Sounds like a rip off. We did our own vinyl plank flooring for less than $400. Took a couple days work, but we could have lived in the rv while doing it if we had to. At the time it was parked in our home driveway.

calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:16 PM   #3

For the non-DIY crowd, I've gotten flooring estimates of $2,000 or less, depending upon materials (but then we got a new puppy so I figured... no new floors for now! )

Steve
Old 09-07-2012, 09:19 AM   #4

hi steve, where did you get those estimates, I am at a loss to find somewhere to give me a decent estimate
Old 09-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by calico View Post
Sounds like a rip off. We did our own vinyl plank flooring for less than $400. Took a couple days work, but we could have lived in the rv while doing it if we had to. At the time it was parked in our home driveway.
I suggest you keep getting quotes. I did mine in two different RV's and did it myself, agreed I saved labor but the price you were quoted will send the installer south for the winter at your expense. Alot of good people out there that are out of work and would be able to help you out. Good luck in your search.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
We did our 35 footer in Allure vinyl planking for $400. Let's say your material will cost $700. I did mine by myself in 2 days. Pros can do it in one. Now figure out what is reasonable to pay 1 or 2 men to work for 8 hours in Fl. I would say $1100 max. $200 @ day is a super wage in FL.

Valances are just plywood covered with material. A nice material is going to be in the area of $30 @ yd. I did our 8 valances in 8 hours using a pair of scissors and a staple gun. Again, do the math. I've never seen any kind of RV shade that wouldn't take more than 15 mins to install with the correct size in hand. I don't know what all else you are thinking about having done, but let me leave you with this thought.

Florida is riddled with mobile RV repair businesses and you will have no problem finding someone to do your work, especially in the more prominent resort areas. When they arrive and see your custom painted HR with matching trailer and show Corvette, the price will at least double. If they told me $10,000, I would laugh and say $5000 tops. If they don't budge, Just tell them I have 5 more bidders coming, then watch what they do

clyon51 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
remodel