Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2012, 12:29 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Question macerator

Have a Tiffin Allegro Breeze 32BR. The vehicle and subsequently the holding tank drain is so low to the groundit is a genuine P-A-I-N in the tuccus. Always fighting the waste having to run uphill. AND hand massaging the slinky. Thinking about a macerator. I can't see any way for a permanant mount to work in that bay. Does anyone have experience with a portable unit and how do you deal with providing 12 volt power supply to it? What should I know in advance about using this type of unit?
TXUSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2012, 07:23 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I have a portable Sanicon macerator, i.e. the "TankBuddy", that I carry "just in case". It comes packaged in a tool box and works fine.

Since I don't use mine regularly, I did not bother to rig a permanent 12v line to the utility bay. Instead, I run an extension cord with large alligator clips to the battery bank (opposite side of coach) when needed.

Rather than carry a heavy duty 12v cord just for the purpose, I built a pair of adapters that allow me to use a heavy duty (10 gauge) 120v extension cord for most of the distance. A 10 gauge cord will carry 30A, which is a little above the max draw of the macerator pump. The 12v leads are wired to standard 120v plug using the ground and neutral leads to carry the current. That way, if somebody mistakenly plugs the other end into a wall socket instead of the battery clip lead adapter, nobody gets electrocuted!
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #3

Maybe the Amazon.com: Sewer Solution: Sports & Outdoors would work for you. I use mine more then the slinky. Doesn't require power, but does need a source of water. It'll pump up hill too.

Here's a better picture: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...solution/16617

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_HiTek View Post
Maybe the Amazon.com: Sewer Solution: Sports & Outdoors would work for you. I use mine more then the slinky. Doesn't require power, but does need a source of water. It'll pump up hill too.

Here's a better picture: Sewer Solution - Plan 9 000110 - Drain & Flush Systems - Camping World
X2. It is also 1/4 the cost!

bonzocfi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzocfi View Post
X2. It is also 1/4 the cost!
free-to-roam is offline   Reply With Quote