Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2015, 10:52 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
^^same here^^

2007 Monaco Executive 45' 525 ISX

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2015, 11:06 AM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duoglide1 View Post
I'm not going back either. Mine has never plugged but just in case I carry a female-female garden hose adapter. I can hook a hose to the end and flush backwards thru the impeller to free it. To each his own :<)

2007 Monaco Executive 45' 525 ISX
I've done this twice but would never give up my Sani-Con system. In 8 years I've never had my 3" hose deployed. Plus you never have to disconnect and store anything when leaving camp, love that aspect.

BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 07:12 AM   #59

Fleetwood Owners Club
Back flush adapter.

Duoglide1, great tip on the hose adapter. Never thought or needed it yet but makes since just to back flush the system a couple times a year. Thanks!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 07:33 AM   #60

Macerator

One question. Are these things Metamucil approved?
Old 10-22-2015, 07:36 AM   #61

Smile Macerator

Ok last one. Shouldn't this be a "Sticky":
Old 10-22-2015, 08:32 PM   #62

Use a macerator when visiting the kids.Use two garden hoses connected parallel instead of larger hose.Pump 40 feet to sewer connection. Only problem I have is my shedding hair getting into the tank and wrapping around the shaft.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:00 AM   #63

Fleetwood Owners Club
Purchase a fine screen shower drain cover add a touch or two of silicone to hold it in place over the existing drain. You'll be amazed at what it will capture. Your correct over time the hair will build up around the stainless impeller/chopper. One of my to do maintenance list once a year = Take the pump apart and clean lubricate both impeller and chopper. Easy peasy!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 02:14 PM   #64

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMac View Post
Wryly Blithe,
I have a swivel 90 degree clear elbow connector (got it at WalMart) where I used to attach the stinky slinky, between the y pipe and the sanicon suction hose. The suction hose is very rigid -- it's a suction hose -- so the 90 degree swivel allows for connection with less stress on the system. And then I never disconnect it. And you can see when the dump is complete and how well your rinse technique is working. The sanicon will make surging sounds when it's complete, and you'll see the hose writhing, but you can see as well thru the clear elbow.
Excellent idea, thanks! I already have a 45 clear elbow, maybe I'll be able to make that work in my bay. If not, a CW superstore is right down the road (dangerously close!)

Thanks again!

Wryly Blithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 02:22 PM   #65

I just about bought a macerator more than 5 times in the past 10 years but every time I got close to it I didn't want to mess with adding a 12volt source next to it or stringing out wire with battery clips and so on. Also don't like the weight of the thing on my plastic waste dump. Building it in (attaching) permanently would be nice but again, didn't really have the time to mess with it.

Now I'm retired and fulltiming in a Class A and spend most of my time on my sons property set up approximately 90 feet from water, sewer, cable tv and data line connections.

I bought a Sewer Solution by Valterra to dump my tanks around 100 feet and slightly uphill...... say a 12" rise in the 100' run of the hose.

Been using this for 10 months now and what a pleasure to use. No power required, very light weight, can stay connected full time if you want. It's water powered and best explained how it works by just checking out their website.

High velocity water jet pulls sewage from the RV sewer pipe and ejects it out the discharge hose. Liquefies waste and tissue. Pumps up to 8 gallons per minute. No installation necessary. Just twist onto your RV sewer pipe in place of the cap. Requires min. 15 psi water pressure through standard garden hose. Includes fiberglass-reinforced ABS pump unit, 10' dump hose, garden hose quick connect with backflow preventer and adapter for connection to 3" and 4" dia. sewer pipes or 1" PVC pipe. Universal design fits vertical or horizontal sewer outlets.

Do some research online and you can buy it for under $100.00 but you'll need extension hose as well depending on your dump run length. 25' extension hoses can also be found under normal retail price by searching Amazon, sometimes even cheaper if an online RV discount parts seller is having a sale.

I have my 100' water supply hose coming from my sons house connected to a 4-way splitter. From the splitter one short hose to the Sewer Solution housing, another short hose to my black tank flusher, another short hose to my city water connection and a fourth 50' hose for washing the motorhome and the car from time to time. The sewer solution has a backflow preventer on it and as well as my black tank flusher connection is backflow protected.

The 4 hose splitter manifold has a shutoff valve for each of the 4 hoses as well.

When on the road nothing would be simpler than just using the stinky slinky at a dump station or at a campsite with a sewer connection right next to your RV but when circumstances arise and a long run for an extended time comes along I couldn't be happier going with the Sewer Solution.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:35 PM   #66

For those that want to keep using those bulky stinky slinky's, go for it. No one is requiring you to change. Many new RV's now have the macerator's built into the toilets. We use the "Sewer Solution" system and after 30 plus years Ill never use the slinky again.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:36 AM   #67

Any issues with winterizing. Just turn it on till it runs dry should work?
Old 11-06-2015, 09:44 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetman90 View Post
I just about bought a macerator more than 5 times in the past 10 years but every time I got close to it I didn't want to mess with adding a 12volt source next to it or stringing out wire with battery clips and so on. Also don't like the weight of the thing on my plastic waste dump. Building it in (attaching) permanently would be nice but again, didn't really have the time to mess with it.

Now I'm retired and fulltiming in a Class A and spend most of my time on my sons property set up approximately 90 feet from water, sewer, cable tv and data line connections.

I bought a Sewer Solution by Valterra to dump my tanks around 100 feet and slightly uphill...... say a 12" rise in the 100' run of the hose.

Been using this for 10 months now and what a pleasure to use. No power required, very light weight, can stay connected full time if you want. It's water powered and best explained how it works by just checking out their website.

High velocity water jet pulls sewage from the RV sewer pipe and ejects it out the discharge hose. Liquefies waste and tissue. Pumps up to 8 gallons per minute. No installation necessary. Just twist onto your RV sewer pipe in place of the cap. Requires min. 15 psi water pressure through standard garden hose. Includes fiberglass-reinforced ABS pump unit, 10' dump hose, garden hose quick connect with backflow preventer and adapter for connection to 3" and 4" dia. sewer pipes or 1" PVC pipe. Universal design fits vertical or horizontal sewer outlets.

Do some research online and you can buy it for under $100.00 but you'll need extension hose as well depending on your dump run length. 25' extension hoses can also be found under normal retail price by searching Amazon, sometimes even cheaper if an online RV discount parts seller is having a sale.

I have my 100' water supply hose coming from my sons house connected to a 4-way splitter. From the splitter one short hose to the Sewer Solution housing, another short hose to my black tank flusher, another short hose to my city water connection and a fourth 50' hose for washing the motorhome and the car from time to time. The sewer solution has a backflow preventer on it and as well as my black tank flusher connection is backflow protected.

The 4 hose splitter manifold has a shutoff valve for each of the 4 hoses as well.

When on the road nothing would be simpler than just using the stinky slinky at a dump station or at a campsite with a sewer connection right next to your RV but when circumstances arise and a long run for an extended time comes along I couldn't be happier going with the Sewer Solution.
I found a Sewer Solution at a garage sale complete with an extension hose for $25. I bought it so I could dump my tanks at home, where my sewer connection is on the opposite side of the RV connection and slightly higher. It works eally good and I have been thinking about making it my sewer connection of choice in RV parks. I see other folks using them so they must work pretty good.
road dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 02:33 PM   #69

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetman90 View Post

X2!
Jim28730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 03:40 PM   #70

Monaco Owners Club
Well I'm sitting in the middle. I do like the Sanicon for traveling and short stays. Also find it handy in a lot Campgrounds in California where they seem to think crap flows uphill.

That said if we are parked for 2 weeks or longer I prefer the 3' hose for the better clean and that it is way quicker. Waiting for the Sanicon to discharge up 90 gallons of waste water does get a little old.

But the Sanicon is and can come in awful handy.

Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace