Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-13-2014, 07:21 AM   #15
Originally Posted by johnsonk555 View Post
No particular brand, just wanted to know if anyone had problems with Chinese tires on there motor home.
Well...one thing is for certain. There are plenty of people on here that have had lots of problems with American tires...so what's the difference?
If someone says they had a problem with a Chinese tire, would you only buy American tires, even though there are plenty of folks on here that have had problems with pretty much every brand out there?

I'm not being contrarion here...just pointing out that "Chinese tires" is painting with a pretty broad brush, and you'd likely be better off researching specific brands.

Good luck,

Lobstah is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2014, 07:37 AM   #16
Been using Samson along with a good friend who owns construction company. No poblems and ride smooth on rv. Btw...99% of tires are made in china...go to a tire warehouse and check the different brands..."made in china"...

rjcopters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:43 AM   #17
I have Cooper Roadmaster on my MH. Made in China to cooper specs.
I am very happy with them. The only difference between a MH tire and a truck tire is the price. A tire dealer sales both. Same tire.
2008 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser
Wisdom is not a product of schooling, but of a lifelong attempt to acquire it.
Modela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:03 PM   #18
I recently purchased six (Capitol Brand)Korean made tires for my bounder.So far I am pleased with the tires.My coach is generally driven less than 3000 miles per year so they will age out before I wear them out.

A close friend owns a tire shop and both he and his son are wearing them on their coaches.The set on his coach are four years old and up till this point have given him great service.

Ask me in a couple of years and I tell you what I think of them.
96bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:24 AM   #19
We just bought 4 Sailun 19.5" for our RV. The shop where we bought them recommended them because he said alot of the local trucking and wrecker services buy them and love them because they get great mleage and are not as expensive as Goodyear or Michelin. If our experience proves otherwise, we shall of course let everyone know immediately. Good traveling.
Butch and Peggy
N.Central TX; 2000 Itasca Suncruiser 32V; Workhorse P-32 Chassis; 7.4L Vortec V-8 w/Banks Pwr Sys; Steer Safe; Springs/Airbags front; Timbren Suspension kit on rear; Onan 5K
peggwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:31 AM   #20
the other day i read a story about a weird thing in china - a heavy truck ran 1000+ miles from western area toward east; at one place it crushed a bridge. the investigator later found out - the truck was carrying 120 ton goods in spite of 40 ton limit. holy cow!! i was amazed how strong the truck was, wondering who made it, along with sense of lawless there (i guess in china, there may not be as many weigh stations as in us, or they didn't enforce the laws much). now i am thinking the tires were not bad

(the same went with a high rise residential building collapsed in shanghai years ago. the funny thing was - the entire building was lying on ground with everything intact, including the glass on windows . while blaming the poor quality control and corrupted officials, i saw the bright spot - the structure design and construction were excellent )
2000 Country Coach Intrigue 40'
CountryFit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:40 AM   #21
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
Truckers must use a lot of Double Coin tires. I see a ton of them at the truck tire shops locally. They are all in the scrap pile and most have no tread.
Tried the Coins years ago...they came apart
2005 Newmar DS 4023, Spartan Chassis, ISL 370 Cumapart, 2008 Jeep Rubicon 4dr, 2015 Kia Soul, 1969 Italian & 2004 Akita
DMTTRANSPORT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:01 PM   #22
I try not to buy anything made in China when I have a choice. So, I certainly wouldn't put my families life in the hands of the Chinese.
dsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:33 PM   #23
Well the post here just reinforces the fact that nothing is a sure bet when it comes to tires for a motor home. And I guess you can have the best that money can buy but if you run over something, the debris on the road does not care where the tire is made. Thank you for all of your replies, they were very helpful. I believe I am going with a Firestone FS560 for just a few bucks more and give them a shot.
Roger & Karen Johnson
2015 Discovery 40E
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
johnsonk555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:20 AM   #24
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bought two sets of Toyos. Made somewhere in Asia. No regrets. Last time I was asked to sign a disclaimer that the Toyos might not give as smooth a ride as Michelins. I never noticed a difference and saved many hundreds.

Bev& Keith
Kyriana(14)Aidan(11), Emily and Olivia (2) Grandchildren
2014 Winnebago Adventurer 38Q
2013 Honda CRV, Roadmaster Falcon AT, Invisibrake
cochise1949 is offline   Reply With Quote