Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-23-2011, 09:37 AM   #1
Magnadyne Radio

I have a Magnadyne radio cassette/disc player in a 2005 Winnebago Adventurer that is not working. I removed a panel to access the wiring and using a volt meter discovered that there was only .66 volts in the yellow power line in the harness. The manufacture believes there is an inline fuse in the wiring. However, if so, I have been unable to locate it. I checked the fuse in the main fuse box and it was ok. There is a red power wire when the select knob is placed in engine when using the radio on the road. That shows the proper voltage. Any info on the whereaabouts of an inline fuse would be appreciated. Thanks Henry D

dicats is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"
Newmar Owners Club
Iwouldn't go crazy hunting it down. If necessary, just run another fused 12 volt line. I believe the Magnadyne has a fuse built into the chassis of the radio (external).

You should also know that a Magnadyne from that era had issues with the CD skipping. The problem was a bad connector at the rear of the radio. The 12 volt connector didn't make good contact and people went through dozens of these radios before Magnadyne finally figured out the problem in about 2006 or 2007.

If you do a search, you of the entire forum, you should find some info on the bad connector.

Don & Mary
2014 Newmar Dutch Star - All Electric - 450 ISL
2016 GMC Canyon 4WD Crew Cab
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:04 AM   #3
There are actually 2 +12v wires going into the connector. One is switched with the engine and the other is switched by the rado switch on the dash. Magnadye also has a fuse on the radio just under the connector.
bjsheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:02 PM   #4
Monaco Owners Club
Mine has an in-line fuse right behind the radio. Pretty easy to get to.
Bev & Dick and Fuzzy the cat
2005 Safari Cheetah 38
2009 Honda CRV dinghy
Dick1142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:43 AM   #5
Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
If yours is like mine, the red 12V line is the one that actually powers the radio. The yellow wire is the memory keep alive power which only keeps your presets alive when the radio is off.
Terry, Cindy and Roxy
2014 Entegra Aspire 44B - Black Pearl and Espresso
"Living the Dream"
HR-TX is offline   Reply With Quote