Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2015, 11:24 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Magnum Energy LCD Monitor Display

The LCD display for my Magnum Energy is gone., and can't be read! Question, can this be fixed and if not can you buy just the face plate ?? Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2015, 10:24 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I believe you can buy just the replacement and I think they actually make an upgraded remote as well

Old 10-13-2015, 10:29 AM   #3

If you have not done so, you might check the basics to make sure the wire connections to the rear inverter/charger are connected properly. Many use phone jacks in the middle, and they can develop dirty and faulty connections over time.

If your sure it's out, I'd get your inverter/charger model number, and call Magnum to see if the newer displays are backward compatible. Your's is not that old of a coach, so you might have the RC-50 panel, which should still be available.

Best of luck,
Smitty
Old 10-13-2015, 10:31 AM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
I would call the ME tech line, they are very helpful.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:52 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav-cle View Post
The LCD display for my Magnum Energy is gone., and can't be read! Question, can this be fixed and if not can you buy just the face plate ?? Thanks
I'm assuming you have the ME-RC remote read out that you are talking about. I doubt they can just replace the display at a cost favorable to you. I could be wrong but you need to call Magnum Dimensions (Formerly Magnum Energy) at 425-353-8833 or email them at MagnumSupport@Sensata.com

It is possible they might swap/exchange at a reasonable price. Amazon has the ME-RC available for $183.20 but you could search around but a few other places I checked were all the same price.

There would be no need to upgrade to the ME-ARC unless you already have or plan on installing the ME-AGS (Automatic Generator Starter) and/or ME-BMK (Battery Monitor Kit). To be honest, without the BMK the ME-RC is just fine even if you have an AGS.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:01 AM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
The ME=RC50 at Boat Supplies, Marine Electronics & Sailing Gear | iMarine USA is $142
Old 10-13-2015, 11:21 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Dons2346, you nailed it ! the ME=RC50 is exactly what I need ! Plan on ordering one in the morning ! Thanks to all for the replies ! Dave