RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2017, 04:43 PM   #1

Maintaining a step cover on a Monaco

I have an '05 Monaco Beaver Santiam and the step cover doesn't operate. I hear a noise when I push the button to extend it but it doesn't extend so I assume the power is there.

I can't figure out how to get to it to fix it. Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

Patrick

heatseaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2017, 08:02 PM   #2

I'm not sure about maintaining, but am interested in responses. I recently had your same problem on my '05 Monaco Windsor. The step is electric, not hydraulic. When it failed while retracted, a few sharp bumps on the end made it start, so I ran in and out several times. On a recent trip it worked flawlessly. I can only see a button switch under the step that is depressed when the cover is retracted, but no other obvious parts. Nothing that could be serviced. I only assume that a few months of non use caused the switch the stick or corrode.
David White. Madison MS
'05 Windsor

echo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:17 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Two things.....if you can get it o extend, you can look under from outside the coach with the door open. If not, there are some hidden screws on the edge of the step. So with the step retracted, and while kneeling in the stepwell, you'll have the face of the step cover facing you. The screws are hidden in the carpet. Take a small magnet, like the one on the end of the little promotional screwdrivers and start searching through the carpet. Once you find and remove them, the end cover will come off and you can access the mechanism.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco