Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2015, 12:50 PM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
Major Squeak Help

Hi everyone. I just purchased a 2012 Newmar Ventana LE with only 18K miles and on the way home from Florida I noticed a terrible squeak coming from the right front where the entry door is. It would only do it when you hit a bump. I thought it might be the mirror as I noticed it shaking as well. Tried to tighten it up but couldn't find how to do it. Then as I locked the front door I noticed that there was some play on the door. When both locks were engaged you could push the door in a little bit. Could this be my noise and if so how do you adjust the door so that it shuts tighter.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2015, 03:33 PM   #2

Hi Toyz4me... Might want to check and repost on the Newmar owners forum if you don't get any replies here.. I searched for "Ventana Squeak" and Patch-y had a somewhat similar post regarding an unusual creaking sound on his Ventana.. Was posted on 09/27/14.. Maybe it will help. .. Hope you find the problem!

Turbofans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 09:12 PM   #3

On my motorhome, the studs that are gripped by the door lock mechanism are adjustable by using wrench on the head of the stud, loosing slightly, and tapping in or out as needed before tightening again.

Sometimes a persistent squeak can be temporarily eliminated by wrapping two turns or electrical tape around the studs. When mine starts squeaking again, I remove the tape and install new tape (after checking to see if the door needs adjusting).

Fred
Old 05-03-2015, 10:26 PM   #4

the tape works good.i also used bearing grease on the post that the door latch goes to
Old 06-01-2015, 08:02 AM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
Well I added the tape to the post that the door latches to and that fixed that noise. Now I have to fix the noise of the plastic parts the dash is made out of. They are just as annoying as the door was.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:22 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Cooper View Post
On my motorhome, the studs that are gripped by the door lock mechanism are adjustable by using wrench on the head of the stud, loosing slightly, and tapping in or out as needed before tightening again.

Sometimes a persistent squeak can be temporarily eliminated by wrapping two turns or electrical tape around the studs. When mine starts squeaking again, I remove the tape and install new tape (after checking to see if the door needs adjusting).

Fred

That's exactly what I've done and no more squeak. Oh, and make sure you're closing the door tightly (slamming?).
Old 06-02-2015, 06:40 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon190 View Post
That's exactly what I've done and no more squeak. Oh, and make sure you're closing the door tightly (slamming?).
And mine is just the opposite. If I close it tightly(slam it) it squeaks. If I just close it, and pull against it to get the deadbolt in, no squeak. They all seem to have their own little quirks.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 02:29 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Try balancing front tires. I had same problem with plastic squeak,on rough road it did not show up, on nice smooth road, bingo, squeak came back. On smooth road tire out of balance will set up a harmonic vibration thats felt in the mh, anything that is a tad loose will squeak and become very annoying. Have been down that road!