Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2016, 04:26 PM   #1

Making it cooler in the desert

YET another idea....

it's 110 in vegas...I have my gen slid out and running....I noticed it was way cooler in the front of the rv as opposed to when the gen is slid in....you can feel the heat comming straight up off the gen, so that must be heating up the whole dash area...

is that something that everyone already does....or again...just me

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2016, 04:29 PM   #2

also...the fresh air in take for the ac is there... thats why I never run with out side air switched on for the ac...

in the desert max cool means minum

Old 06-08-2016, 04:38 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
YET another idea....

it's 110 in vegas...I have my gen slid out and running....I noticed it was way cooler in the front of the rv as opposed to when the gen is slid in....you can feel the heat comming straight up off the gen, so that must be heating up the whole dash area...

is that something that everyone already does....or again...just me
Sure. Just make sure you leave extra space from the vehicle in front of you
Old 06-08-2016, 04:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Sure. Just make sure you leave extra space from the vehicle in front of you
at least I didn't put the new headlights in yet
Old 06-08-2016, 06:51 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
That is great to know! I was in 108 last week by Merced and ran the generator all day, and it felt really hot up front, I thought it was the windshield! I will open the slide, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the tip.Regards
Old 06-08-2016, 06:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvadventure View Post
That is great to know! I was in 108 last week by Merced and ran the generator all day, and it felt really hot up front, I thought it was the windshield! I will open the slide, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the tip.Regards
your welcome,...
Old 06-08-2016, 07:05 PM   #7

i'm sure everyone probley knows this, but if your coach is setting in the sun, air off, and you wanna try to cool it down...start the gen, turn the air on and open ever roof vent and fan... then open every cabinette door and drawer...
after about 10 min..close every thing up.. if not you will have half the space of the coach with trapped hot air...this works, have had coaches not cool down till the sun went down...this trick works...