Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2016, 04:10 PM   #1

Manufacturer Warranty Service

Many of you purchased your new coach, of course, it does not matter how expensive the coach was, it always one thing or another that will wrong and eventually go on to your "fixing" list that you will bring your coach back to the manufacturer for rework under warranty.

This is the lost time out of your travel or enjoyment. I have heard some manufacturers keep the RV as long 2 to 3 months or longer to fix the problems that should have been taken care before, not after delivery. Yet, if your coach in the shop for 3 months, you lost that 3 months warranty that you did not use the coach, and yet I never heard of any compensation for that.

So, the real question here is:
1 - What type of coach do you have?
2 - What is your longest time that the RV in the manufacturer shop for re-work, how often and how long was your list?
3 - Did the manufacturer compensate your warranty time for time lost in any form?
tamdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2016, 04:58 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
On my last MH the manufacturer extended my warranty day for day due to how long the fix was.
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 05:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamdle View Post
Many of you purchased your new coach, of course, it does not matter how expensive the coach was, it always one thing or another that will wrong and eventually go on to your "fixing" list that you will bring your coach back to the manufacturer for rework under warranty.

This is the lost time out of your travel or enjoyment. I have heard some manufacturers keep the RV as long 2 to 3 months or longer to fix the problems that should have been taken care before, not after delivery. Yet, if your coach in the shop for 3 months, you lost that 3 months warranty that you did not use the coach, and yet I never heard of any compensation for that.

So, the real question here is:
1 - What type of coach do you have?
2 - What is your longest time that the RV in the manufacturer shop for re-work, how often and how long was your list?
3 - Did the manufacturer compensate your warranty time for time lost in any form?

Previous coach purchased new a 2004 HR had to be taken to wildwood Florida it was in the shop 3 months the first year. The only compensation is they sent a driver to pick it up and I had to go when it was ready.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:15 PM   #4

2016 Thor Challenger in MHSRV shop for 4 months. All issues finally addressed except a chassis issue. Now trying to locate someone in the Conroe Tx area to address the problem. After calling Thor, the agent stated that he could not extend the warranty at this time. I could have fixed the majority of the original issues myself in about 1 week but felt that it was under warranty so let them handle it, bad mistake
lbeb1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 06:42 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
Unless your problem is coach manufacturer specific, consider having component warranty work done by a local or closer to you authorized repair facility. I had an HWH Jack cylinder replaced locally also had Coleman basement air conditioner recall repair done by another local authorized warranty service facility. Get the warranty work pre approved, make your appointment with the approved repair shop and, unless it is something big, the work can usually be done while you wait.
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service