Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #1
McMahon's RV

Anyone have any dealings with McMahon's RV in southern Calif and what were your thoughts about how they took care of you.
Looking at a new coach and would like some feed back.

Bert and Paula
'15 Fleetwood Expedition 38K
'07 Rubicon Unlimited
Wrangler338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2013, 05:04 PM   #2
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have never bought anything from them, but I tried to buy a motorhome a couple years ago from them, was a nightmare, I finally left in discussed. I wouldn't buy anything from them.

2004 Fleetwood Revolution 38B
supercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #3
Country Coach Owners Club
x2! They told me certain items were on the coach I was interested in (seeing it on line)...but when I came down to look at it, they weren't there. Then they do the "it's not big deal to get those installed" and suddenly they want to charge you more than full price for them.
MarkofSJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #4
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Morgan Hill, CA

I had a dealing with the one in Morgan Hill. They were, in a word, horrible! Based upon the very negative experience I would never do business with any McMahons location.

Check www.yelp.com
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #5
I haves been to several of their "shows" and to 3 of their lots. Terrible experience. Mike Thompson's isn't much better. So far I find myself at Giant, I have several RV local buddies, and they are challenged to find a good place to get their rigs serviced. That to me is more important. I am traveling to Tucson to see a Winnebago Via, a coach that isn't carried by any of the 3 retailers mentioned. Just their treatment and ignorance of the unit Im interested in is enough for to to travel out of state.

Curious? What type of coach are you looking at?
wlc109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #6
Looking at a 2013 Forest River Berkshire 360QL-40 and a 2013 Monaco Knight 36PFT that they have online.
Not getting much help from them on questions I have had, they always say that someone will call us back.
I have read the reviews (about McMahon's RV) and they are not glowing but most people tend to complain than give coo-dos.
Sounds like we may try looking at other dealers.

Thanks to all that answered.
Bert and Paula
'15 Fleetwood Expedition 38K
'07 Rubicon Unlimited
Wrangler338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #7
Monaco Owners Club
To get close to what the prices should be then go to the NADA site and look at the values listed. Try not to go over the middle NADA value and you will be glad later on.
Thom and Christine having fun in a 1993 Monaco Crown Royale Signature Series 40ft 300hp RV. Towing a Fiat 500 Abarth and a Harley.
Our blogged repairs and travels
PyrateSilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:38 AM   #8
Send a message via Skype™ to Dave44
If you're looking at a new coach you should except to get it for around 30% off MSRP. I have not found a dealer yet that that I can rely on for good service. If you can get a good deal that you're pleased with go for it. I ordered a new Tiffin Phaeton 40 QTH in 12/8/12 and took delivery 3/1/13 MSRP was $273,460 got it for $199.500. I am very happy with the deal I got but would not go back for service. If you're buying off the lot you should get an even better deal.
Dave & Dolores, Phaeton 40QTH, Honda CRV

Dave44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:50 AM   #9
Dealt with McMahons when purchasing our Class A. The dealership (Westmminister Ca) had a gipsy feel to it, nothing was perminant, all computers were laptops, the shop equipment looked like it was all from Harbor Freight, and there seemed to be a desperation in the salespeople and management. The saleswoman I dealt with seemed frustrated with the inventory thay had and she had me come out 2 times to see coaches, when I got there both times she would tell me "it must have just sold but I have this one I can make a good deal on". I honestly feel the dealerships in Southern California are really lacking on customer service, be careful of the claims about after purchase service and support from the dealers, there are so many RVs in So CA and so few places that service them that the dealers are always backed up, they have an excuse for everything, you take it in the winter and they blame the snowbirds for the back up, in the spring its because the summer techs are not working yet, in the summer its because its the busy season, in the fall its all the "after summer repairs"...
I purchased my 5th Wheel from Mike Thompsons, great price HORRID service, recently purchased my Class A Winnebago from Giant RV great price but service is SLOW!!! They have had my Winnebago for a month for some very minor issues (we will see the quality of the repairs next Monday) Like I say, all the dealerships seem to have issues around here but none give me the feeling of desperation like McMahons...good luck, enjoy shopping...
TUGCAMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:07 PM   #10
Monaco Owners Club
I purchased my 2012 Monaco Knight from McMahon's temporary lot in Parker, AZ last year. The worst purchasing experience I ever had.

They promised a date for delivery, changed the location while I was on my way that was 35 miles farther.

They didn't do any detailing or prep work. The coach was as delivered to them from the factory, stickers on the windows and two weeks of dust and dirt from people tramping through it while it was in a dirt lot. The salesman looked at it and didn't notice.

The finance guy was from CA and had no idea what was required for AZ.
After waiting for 45 days (the temp registration is good for 45 days) for the AZ registration to arrive I called them and never did get to talk to anyone so I left a message with the manager who never called back...ever.

I went to the DMV and filed a complaint. I finally found a phone number for a customer satisfaction rep, it took a day but I finally got him on the line and told him the problem and that I wanted the PDI fee returned as the work had not been done. It took numerous calls and emails to get him to do anything.

Even with a investigator from the State calling them it still took them another 30 days for them to pay the registration and get it to me. Another 30 days and I got the PDI fee back.

Never, during all of this as there an apology or offer to "make it up" to me.

I have never contacted them since nor have they contacted me. All along I copied the West Coast Monaco Rep on all of this but he couldn't do much.

So, look all you want but do not buy from them and please tell them I told you...
2012 Monaco Knight 36 PFT
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
2005 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited on 2007 16' Car Hauler trailer
Dennis_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:31 PM   #11
Monaco Owners Club
If you have any open items once the transaction is completed BE SURE TO GET A DUE BILL in writing. Even with our due bill... settlement took 3-4 months. We are in Maryland so logistics played into it a bit
Who is your salesman?
The Girls & Newman
42' 2005 Beaver Patriot Thunder
cfyanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:57 PM   #12
My experience overall has been quite good. I bought our Vesta at their Indio store. Less than pleased with their service out there I switched to their Colton site and I have found them to be very responsive to my needs. A year or so ago I clipped a bridge barrier and damaged at least 3cargo doors. It took awhile to complete the repair because the doors had to be fabricated but the result was great. I was both happy and relieved.
Regarding the deal they performed per our contract so I have no complaints on that score.
Would I buy another Monaco, that's a different question?
VestaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #13
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Originally Posted by Wrangler338 View Post
Anyone have any dealings with McMahon's RV in southern Calif and what were your thoughts about how they took care of you.
Looking at a new coach and would like some feed back.
STOP STOP STOP....Buyer beware. I bought from them and what a Fool I was. Please go to Yelp and any other review platform on the internet. They all say the same as I. This is a shady outfit. We bought from the Rose bowl show and ultimatly from the Colton Store. These units are driven from show to show, no protection from hundreds who push pull and abuse every moving and non moving thing they can. We were promised all would be fixed 2 yrs later still not fixed. We have taken it to the Westminster store and the same don't care attitude there. It is a company wide disease. We were suppose to have a King Dome inmotion sat. Installed at no charge. Come 100mi. To pick it up and they installed a Wineguard instead...oops about 800.00 or more difference. After checking all paperwork, they slipped it in on me 1995.00 Beware If you don't believe me Please for your sake do your research. If you would like to call me I would be happy to tell you some Horror Stories Find another dealer for the make and model. Their out there. Just ask and I will give you my #
Rusty1233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #14
Winnebago Owners Club
I made an offer on Monaco Monarch at the colton store...they accepted the offer and we were pleased until..Then the bogus FEEs were thrown into the papperwork..We even considered paying some of it untill my retired military salesman actually started calling me names because we took up his time. We walked away...Never will we buy anything from them...

Warren Bates
Oak Hills Ca
04 winnebago Brave 30w 8.1/alison
wdbates is offline   Reply With Quote