Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2006, 05:58 AM   #1

Hi all, has anyone out there had experience taking your RV to a port and parking it there while taking a cruise? My wife would love to go on a cruise, and I'm trying to learn enough to make that happen. Any replies will be appreciated. Also, any tips or experiences you could share about cruises you may have taken would be great! Thanks, Harvey

Cummins/Allison
HarveyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2006, 05:58 AM   #2

Hi all, has anyone out there had experience taking your RV to a port and parking it there while taking a cruise? My wife would love to go on a cruise, and I'm trying to learn enough to make that happen. Any replies will be appreciated. Also, any tips or experiences you could share about cruises you may have taken would be great! Thanks, Harvey

Cummins/Allison
HarveyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 06:51 AM   #3

We have not done it yet but do a yahoo search and there are places in Vancuver, BC where you can store your MH while youtake a cruise. Some ferry type ships will carry you MH to Alaska but you can not have the propane system on during that period of time not can you stay in your MH while at sea.

In Florida some RV parks will watch your MH while you take a cruise and the cruise line will pick you up and return you.

All it takes is $$$$$$$$$$!!!!

Pushed by a KITTY KAT
wallynm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 04:55 PM   #4

We drove our Class "A" to Galveston to go on a cruise. They had a place in their parking lot for RVs and ran a shuttle. No problem at all!

Good luck!
Old 10-12-2006, 08:48 AM   #5

Here's the Info for Port Canaveral in Florida
Parking
RoadAbode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 04:32 PM   #6

Harvey
Why not pick a campground that is within 3 to 4 hours drive from the docks and ask them to let you store your MH and then drive your toad to the docks. I would feel better about leaving my MH at a CG rather than stored at the docks. I'm sure it would be a lot less expensive and safer. Besides, all the dock parking I have been in is very cramped--never with the MH though. s/Toby
Old 10-15-2006, 02:09 PM   #7

Harvey

Here's my take on cruis ships. Everyone should go on at least one before they die. Our three cruises were all very pleasant. Here's some tips:
1. Never go to the mid-night buffet. It will save you having to lose 10 more lbs when you get home. All the food we have been served was great and the service is better than any 5-star rest IMHO.
2. The cost "they" advertise does not usually include the "required" tips to the waiter, busboy, and clean-up person. So ask what they expect this will add to the cost.
3. Many of the ads also do not include port charges, so ask what they are.
4. Rooms with a window are nice but not necessiary unless you feel clustrobic(sp) We spent very little time other than sleeping in our rooms.
5. Get towards the back of the ship. There is less bumps/rocking there.
6. Search on line for pricing. And yes, some ships are much nicer than others.
7. I would stay from the Bahamas, Go south or west.
8. Try a week trip rather than a 3 or 4 day cruise, diffferent everything. We have traveled with Princes, Comador, and Carnivial. Like the Comador the best. However the Alaska cruise with Princes was great. A nice way to see the State.
Have a good cruise s/Toby